Safari won't update?

Morgan19

Registered
I'm currently running OS 10.4.11 and Safari 1.3.2.

I've downloaded the 2.0.1 update for Safari but when I run it, I get a "this software requires Mac OS 10.4.2" and it won't let me install the update. I would've figured since my OS version of .11 is higher than .2, I should have no problems– but that's obviously not the case.

Am I missing something here? How can I get Safari to update successfully if I can't run the update program itself?

m19

Safari .2 Is Higher Than The .11--it Goes In Small Increments.
Dickster------------------------------------------

Glad I Could Help. Sometimes I Forget An Old Saying-- K.i.s.s.>keep It Simple Silly. Usually Going To Basics Solves A Lot Of Problems.
Dickster--------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I take that back...

I did some more checking and I was correct in the first place. 10.4.2 is lower than 10.4.11 (.11 is the latest 10.4 update). It doesn't go .18, .19, .2; it really does mean .2 is point-two and .11 is point-eleven. I can also verify that because AutoUpdate doesn't find any new OS versions.

So now that that's figured out, I'm still at a loss. The Safari update should work, and its not.

m19

Are you sure you're running Safari 1.3.2? I thought that Mac OS X 10.4 shipped with Safari 2...

Can you select "About Safari" from the "Safari" menu, take a screenshot, and post it here?

Morgan-i Apologize For Mixup On Versions Of What You Have And What I Said.
I Don't Know, Maybe I Didn't Understand. You Are Right When I Reviewd Info.
Dickster---------------------

Back