screen calibration

Teester

Registered
Hi,

I would like to know if there's somebody out there who can help me out with my problem. It's about screen calibration I suppose, but I don't know about it.

Here's the thing: printing out files within my Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign applications, I always find the prints pretty dull and just not like the original versions I see on my screen. I know that there's always a slight difference between screen display and print, but my prints really are not acceptable. Is there a quick fix to this problem? Do I have to change preference settings within Photoshop, Illustrator etc.? If yes, how do I get my screen to be the closest to the prints?
I am working on an IMac G5.

Thanks for your consideration!
Take care,

Teester

I am not a printing professional, but I have good results simply by finding a good color adjustment at the print window. I adjust brightness and color saturation up, and try a test print. I have good settings that work for my printer and screen, for a variety of different printing types. It is the printer driver that determines what finally goes on the paper. The brightness of the paper is another factor that is part of the process. I'm sure others here can give you more pointers, especially from a printing pro perspective.

you can get a monitor hardware calibrator from http://www.colorvision.com . I have one and it did an ok job. you can also use apples built in calibrator. But the best system is the super low tech one my printer helped me with. he made this psd file of CMYK boxes and on their press printed separations onto clear film. then i basically hold up the printed ones to my screen and adjust my monitors colors till it matches up and turn off all color management in adobe. works great. i attached the file.

If things arent turning out right on your inkjet or laser, there is a good chance something is off with your printer and also double check what color mode you should print with RGB or CMYK as they have different gaumats.

Attachments

• colourTest.zip
    5 KB · Views: 10
Back