Screen Shots Request

Originally posted by MLE
Sorry guys, I'm new at macs. Anyone tell me how you get the fancy Safari skins?? Or how to modify the dock?? Like haley's....thanks!

FYI : running on Mac OS X 10.2.5, flatscreen iMac

For changing Safari's look, download SafarIcon and then choose the button set and either brushed metal or aqua.

To change the dock (among other things), you must first download Unsanity's APE Manager. Then you can download ClearDock, also from Unsanity, to change the color/transparency of your dock, its border color and/or its application arrow.

Glad you've got a Mac now :)

Thanks, Haley!! By the way - what program is that you are using for your music controller that I see on your desktop??

Awesome. Thanks. You've been SUCH a great help!!! Do you have any idea where I can get some iTunes skins, and how to install them?? Oh, and how about Boot Panels? Or Login Panels? LOL - I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here.

lol, no problem, you're quite welcome :)

You can change login and boot panels with a theme changer (which can also change your whole systemwide interface's appearance) such as Duality 4.0. I would recommend not using the program called "Themer", as that one really messed up my computer with perfect timing, the night before iTunes4 came out.

You can download themes from different sites such as ResExcellence.com and http://homepage.mac.com/max_08/

Also, ResExcellence has a just boot panels download section and iTunes skins too.

I haven't used an iTunes skin before, but I don't htink there's a program availabe that changes it for you.

I hope I've helped
-Haley

Haley - I would LOVE to download iTunes 4, but for some reason, I am unable to. Something about something or other. LOL But, I hope it will come out in my software update....as that never comes out with the correct software at the right time!! I wondered if anyone could pass me along iTunes 4.0 in a .zip file to mle@eznet.net ...hmm.

Originally posted by MLE
Haley - I would LOVE to download iTunes 4, but for some reason, I am unable to. Something about something or other. LOL But, I hope it will come out in my software update....as that never comes out with the correct software at the right time!! I wondered if anyone could pass me along iTunes 4.0 in a .zip file to mle@eznet.net ...hmm.

Check your e-mail.

You've got great timing; I've been in a really helpful mood lately. Normally I don't even post links...it takes a large effort just to write a post for me :D

Argh. Never mind, the file is stilltoo big for your e-mail box even after zipping it.

Try downloading it from apple's website again, it should work.

Haley - Thanks for giving it a try anyways. I appreciate it. Hey, one more question? Have you any idea how to change the skin in iTunes? Or no?

Here's mine. I've got the desktop randomizer thingy going, so you never know what you're going to get.

I just recently discovered Konfabulator, so I'm going wild trying out a lot of widgets.

What's up with the beachball????:confused: I don't usually get one that sticks around. Oh, well!

Attachments

• ebolag4screen.jpg
    ebolag4screen.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 35
Back