Screen Shots Request

i know. getiing hopefully thenew battery next week in an apple store... i didnt feel like argueing about the 10.2.4 battery killer issue on the phone in english with apple techs, so i'll prepare a nice quicktime show with keynote featuring alll those nice charge tables and screens of the boards discussing the issue ..

Originally posted by Giaguara
i know. getiing hopefully thenew battery next week in an apple store... i didnt feel like argueing about the 10.2.4 battery killer issue on the phone in english with apple techs, so i'll prepare a nice quicktime show with keynote featuring alll those nice charge tables and screens of the boards discussing the issue ..

My computer was messed up in general...when I sent it in to Apple, they replaced my battery along witht he hard drive. I was getting like an hour at full charge before.

When I filled out the sheet I just added "battery life not as long as it used to be" because I htink if you try to argue them into getting you a new battery too much, they think you're making excuses to get a free new one.

Whyyyy do you keep all those aliases on the desktop, michaelsanford? isnt that what the dock is for? ;)

Decado, you should see my dock... :p

But, what's the desktop for? A glorified picture frame (for a nice background and nothing else)? I don't think so hehe. I put my really often-used apps in the dock, and my less often used apps, but ones I want quick access to on the desktop.

It also means I get to see the larger hi-res application icons, which I relish after OS 9's ugly icons...

my desktop clutters due to screens shots. I miss the way 9 placed them in the root directory. They could at least go to the documents folder. As far as the dock, i just use it for the most active apps, that always stay open, email, aim, iTunes, safari. Maxmenus is set up like the old Apple menu and holds the rest in categories ... Video... Multimedia... and so on

Urbansory, I never thought of doing that. Does Maxmenus preserve the original application icon?

I never used a dock folder as a launcher because I couldn't assign custom icons to the folders :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Urbansory
my desktop clutters due to screens shots. I miss the way 9 placed them in the root directory. They could at least go to the documents folder. As far as the dock, i just use it for the most active apps, that always stay open, email, aim, iTunes, safari. Maxmenus is set up like the old Apple menu and holds the rest in categories ... Video... Multimedia... and so on

Screenshot should go to the Screenshots folder in the Documents folder.

Originally posted by Urbansory
AIM is in the menu not the dock, anyway... here is a pic of it

http://www.urbansory.com/example.jpg

And my screenshots always went to the desktop, so thats wrong?

Nothing wrong with YOUR screenshot, it's just that Apple should change it so that we can redirect the default save folder for screenshots and push it to something more clever than just the desktop. I think they chosed the desktop so that one can find these easily... but it fills the desktop.

While it's true that it could fill up the desktop, how many screenshots are you managing at once? I suppose if you"re writing a manual and need window shots or something, you'd need to keep them organized. But what then is the difference between moving them from your desktop to a folder (one drag) and opening the ~/Documents/Screenshots/ folder (3 clicks)?

But, I would agree that the policy of 'When in doubt: give the option' should apply...

Originally posted by michaelsanford
While it's true that it could fill up the desktop, how many screenshots are you managing at once? I suppose if you"re writing a manual and need window shots or something, you'd need to keep them organized. But what then is the difference between moving them from your desktop to a folder (one drag) and opening the ~/Documents/Screenshots/ folder (3 clicks)?

But, I would agree that the policy of 'When in doubt: give the option' should apply...

One could even be proposed to name the screenshot when taking it... and why not (extreme pleasure) chose its format and resolution.

Depends what I'm working on. I use screenshots in the design process and by the time I get around to cleaning up, about 2 weeks later or when i can't see the girl on the desktop, I move them to a Desktop Temp folder. The option to a destination would be nice.

Yes, choose the format!

The idea to save it as PDF was terrible. I sent someone (Windows user) a PDF screenshot, and I still haven't heard the end of it...

Yea, i always have to go into PS and export it, but thats no big deal. I normally need to compress it anyway in PS.

I use GraphicConverter for that. I change the resolution to 72 dpi at the same time. (300 dpi screenshot is a VERY stange idea).

Decado...

You asked about the brushed metal theme...

I don't remember where I got it. I'll e-mail it to you though.

Sorry guys, I'm new at macs. Anyone tell me how you get the fancy Safari skins?? Or how to modify the dock?? Like haley's....thanks!

FYI : running on Mac OS X 10.2.5, flatscreen iMac

Back