Selecting default burner

loom001

Registered
How do I select the default burner for the OS? What I want to do is use my Super Drive as the default burner in the finder. Currently me CD burner is the default, I just added the Super Drive and want to make this change. Thanks in advance!

The only way I know how is via the preference file of he program you burn from. Say like under iTunes, the Burning Preference is in iTunes Preferences file. The same goes for Toast.

Well, I'm a little slow today. You said you ADDED the Superdrive (in addition). Well, You may have to go back into the machine. When you added the drive (when you have two) I assume that the internal drives have master and slave connection ports in the back. You'll have to check this (with the drives manual plus you can always check with www.xlr8yourmac.com because it's safe to say 99% of the time when you want to add something to your Mac, someone else in the world has done almost the same exact thing).

Also, at www.xlr8yourmac.com I found a page that illustrates what I'm talking about (however the pictures are a little old). So look at this. I found this by using the search drive lasso.

Good Luck.

I have done this from that website. I did leave both drives to cable select like I read. The drive works fine, I can play DVD's and I can burn from itunes with it. I just can not figure out how to get the OS to use it as the burner to burn with when I am in the finder and want to burn a folder using the little burn button that I have placed in my finder. Thanks for all the help!

I've read several times that for proper operation of the SuperDrive, the SuperDrive should be set as master (and also connected to the end IDE connector) and second optical would be slave. That would mean that the SuperDrive should be topmost drive in your tower, (unless you can get the IDE ribbon to twist in horrible directions). That should get your SuperDrive to burn by default in the Finder.

Back