Sense of Humour?

markceltic

Apple Addicted
Discuss, I mean in humour there sometimes a kernel of truth.:rolleyes: Heaven is Where:
The Police are British,
The Chefs are Italian,
The Mechanics are German,
The Lovers are French, and
It's all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is Where:
The Police are German,
The Chefs are British,
The Mechanics are French,
The Lovers are Swiss, and
It's all organized by the Italians.

That's a very old chestnut.

British cuisine is considerably better than it was 20 years ago and our 'bobbies' seemed to have dispensed with their traditional image (see picture). Although I suppose they still are relatively friendly, even when firing tasers at you.

I suspect things have changed with our neighbours too.

Attachments

• dscd0214.jpg
    dscd0214.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 32
I was wondering if that was a taser holster or a gun holster? I ask because it seem that a bad guy could grab it from behind the way he has it on.

Most British police are still unarmed (about 70% I think). I suspect it was his lunch box.

You really didn't answer my question because i know that fact about British police. I was asking about the holster in the picture you provided.

I think it is just a backpack. The local bobbies in our part of Wales have the Tasers fitted on the breast pocket of a anti-stab vest.

Discuss, I mean in humour there sometimes a kernel of truth.:rolleyes: Heaven is Where:
The Police are British,
The Chefs are Italian,
The Mechanics are German,
The Lovers are French, and
It's all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is Where:
The Police are German,
The Chefs are British,
The Mechanics are French,
The Lovers are Swiss, and
It's all organized by the Italians.

It was in our Longman English Textbooks :D

I heard it as what the founders of the EEC thought they were going to achieve, and what they got.

Back