Should I Do It?

Should I be mini-branded?

• Yes, it will fade.

• No, don't be stupid.

• Why do you want to be a shoe brand?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trip

Registered
A lot of people are telling me no, but some are telling me to go for it. Basically I want to brand myself. Not an official brand, just a minor brand on my shoulder. I'll heat up a piece of metel and put it on my skin for literally half of a second (human instincts) and then pull it away. It will leave a beautiful red mark that will fade away with due time (about a day). What are all your thoughts on this?

*No I'm not doing it to experience the pain, i'm doing it because I want to be able to say I did. And I love the creative factor involved in it. But what do YOU think?

Well, it's like...I LOVE creativity in everything. So I think it'd be great to do something creative like this. But what I don't see is: everybody keeps telling me not to do it: why? it WILL fade, it WILL NOT do a lot of damage because I'm not even going to hold it on there.

What brand?
Oh, it won't hurt much if it is small. I had a cigarette put out on my arm once: if you know it's coming, you're prepared and it won't hurt a s much. If you keep it there for a sec, and it's hot enough, your skin will get white and peel off. It'll hurt like amd just the very first instant. Underneath there will be the red/pink "bare" underskin. It'll heal in a week.
Have fun! :D ;)

That borders on self mutilation to me. Far too depressing. There really is no need to be different. All the kids who look different just end up looking the same anyway. I recommend you go shopping with a stylish girl or gay boy and pick out some fancy, expensive new clothes. That always makes me feel special for a while.

Or join a gang. I hear that's cool these days. :)

Sounds like a temporary tattoo to me. :p

You should make sure you won't get any side effects (infection?) first, but if you have and your skin will heal up (completely disappear without scarring) then - go for it.

Altho I must warn you, I had burned my arm by a half-a-second contact and it lasted YEARS for it to disappear (actually - there is still a faint trace of it, and this was more than 5 years ago), but it might be the size of the contact and not the time.
So just be careful.

I'd consider that to see what a permanent tat would look like.

Actually now that I think of it - I think I've seen exactly what you are talking about in the form of a Playboy Bunny and a pair of Lips. Those are cool. :)

If you've done your research - then go for it and do it! :)

Well it's over. A few hours ago I went forth and did what I thought was right. Things didn't turn out at all like I had planned. Luckily I have some friends to help take care of me.

More word on this soon.

If anybody knows about burns/blisters in a good sense please message me via iChat at: TannerSite

I could use some help.

Second and third degree burns can be opportunities for infections. When you burn the skin, you are damaging and destroying your only protective layer to the external world. I hope you don't get septic (bacterial infection in your blood). This can be fatal.

Good luck!

Well, i'm keeping it covered for the most part. The bandage keeps sliding down my arm, so the top of the burn is showing.

But it's wierd, I looked at it last night, and there is no trace of the lower part of the burn, you can only see blisters on the upper part. At least, I think they're blisters.

See the white part that's more towards my shoulder blade? That's the gause thingey, see my problem here? The wrapping can't get up that high, and it keeps slipping down. Should I just not worry about it because it's covered for the most part? Or should I panic? :)

ouch.jpg

Also: more on the blisters.....I've never been burned before, or gotten a blister for that matter. So are blisters HUGE bubbly things? Mine haven't broken so that's good...I guess. HELP! :D

You should have had it professionally done. I know people that have branded themselves, and it doesn't last because the metal doesn't get hot enough. The design will fade and possibly leave a fugly scar.

We don't even brand cattle in Ireland. Hope it heals quickly but burning yourself doesn't sound creative, actually a little bit masochistic

pds said:
Youth is definitely wasted on the young.

No...it's just wasted on me. :eek: I can't wait to see how it's improving today though, yesterday it was coming on nicely.

Yes, blisters are bubbles in the skin. Keep the whole area clean and protected, don't break them intentionally or you increase your risk of infection.
Blisters indicate you have at least 2nd degree burns. Like everyone else here, I would really recommend you see a doctor, but there is also some good information about treatment of burns here:

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/26/6458

and here:

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/13/3204.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

EDIT: As for the gauze: If you can't keep the bandage in place with a wrap, try using a really BIG piece of gauze (so that the edges are beyond the burn) and anchor it with bandage tape.

If you develop an infection, it will be vital for you to get medical care immediately; they really can be life-threatening. Here is information about warning signs of infection:

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/44/11038

The 'red streaks' can be a little ambiguous in the case of burns, because the burn itself can cause some small red streaks. Your photo shows some red streaks -- watch those carefully. If you see new streaks, or the old ones start getting bigger, it's time to go to the emergency room. If you get an infection & go quickly to the ER, they can give you IV antibiotics to stop it.

Back