Show Your Dock

heres the dock of my powerbook g4, I am already in bed and I won't get back up to get a screenshot of the dock of my quicksilver...maybe tomorrow...the quicksilver one has MUCH more stuff in it (also due to the cinema display) and much more monitoring docklings I just don't need at my powerbook....

and I have to say that I just got the powerbook some weeks back, so a lot of "needed" software isn't installed yet (also because I admit that for most of the expensive programs, I only have one license so I only install them on the powerbook if I *really* need them)

Attachments

• mydock.gif
    mydock.gif
    38 KB · Views: 523
Yes, that is the ACTUAL size of my Dock. :D :D :D (Pretty dang packed, eh?)

Attachments

• finderscreensnapz001.jpg
    finderscreensnapz001.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 590
Originally posted by devonferns

MY GOD, how do you find anything in there?!?!

I keep 'em grouped. Notice that at the left, you have all the system level stuff and preferences (Finder, Memory Usage Getter, RealEject, DockRestarter, System Preferences, Classic). Then comes the web-browsing/e-mail stuff (Mail.app, Address Book, OmniWeb, Internet Explorer, Fetch). Next comes multimedia and music apps (QT Player, iTunes, PlayerPro, Unsanity Echo, Mint Audio, Melody Assistant). Searching stuff comes next (Sherlock, Locator, Watson). Next comes chat and messaging clients (Fire, JediKnight, Proteus, IcyJuice, ICQ). The middle is basically pretty convoluted, except there's the definite section for word processors (TextEdit, SimpleText, AppleWorks). Towards the end it gets more organized again, what with compression tools (Stuffit Expander, DropStuff, DropTar, DropZip), programming tools (Project Builder, Interface Builder, IconComposer, Pic2Icon), games (EV Nova, Oni, StarCraft, Myst III: Exile, GridX), and then tools and docklings (ResEdit -- DANGIT I WANT IT NATIVE!, Memory Monitor, SlashDock, SETIdockling, and Vanity Dockling).

So except for the middle, its pretty well organized and I know just about where everything is. :)

I think a tabbed Dock would really help in my case. :D

Mines not as packed, but is pretty small. To find my stuff I just keep it hiding and magnification on at all times.

Attachments

• wdw's_dock.jpg
    wdw's_dock.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 416
damn(can i say that?) you all with dream weaver! .... web page.. must start.... hate... classic...... must have native dreamweaver........arg

here's one more...I still gotta change my trash icon

Attachments

• dock.jpg
    dock.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 179
here's mine ... am i the only one to have it upright at the left? :D

Attachments

• dock .jpg
    dock .jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 199
Poor Sithious... apparently he IS the only one. Oh well. S'ok, buddy. Whatever floats your boat. After all, it's a personal computer.

Here's MY dock... probably the most mundane one here. It's actual size... although a large dock makes for great eye candy, 32X32 pixels is best with all the window clutter I have, sometimes.

Attachments

• adamdock.jpg
    adamdock.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 184
I think mine would be on a par for most dull. :p
But, I do have the current temp, a custom DVD icon, and my own pop-up for network utils on the right with a glassy icon.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll fill it up a bit more now I've discovered "academic pricing"! PhotoShop 7, I can't wait! :D

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 160
Back