Silly post counts

Speaking of post counts, admiral, when I am reading it your post count is at 4444. By the time you read this it probably would have changed. Anyways just thought I'd point out a cool number that only happens every thosand posts :).

Post Counts are like milk. Sometimes it comes out good, sometimes it comes out sour...most of the time it comes out sour. :p

naaah...some stupid computer science homework on hash tables using ANSI C. It was collected about 7 hours ago :p

It did not compile, but I documenent my code thoroughly, and wrote up an extensive memo :p
I better get a passing grade ;)

I think that we are going to have 5 C homeworks and 2 Java ones (this was HW #3) -- so I am holding my breath till java :p

Admiral

I was reading all the thread for the first time (well, it's fast), and it's true than a kind of online counter would be so fun. I mean, it would have been so fun, in this particular thread, than each-of-you counter change from post to post, and not after each session.
Post don't counts here, and it's rare I don't find answers to my question. Is it related ? I'll think about it...

have a nice day !

PS : Herve, you're the third, with such a gap beetween you and the leaders ! You shouldn't be in the same wagon, don't you think ?

Originally posted by googolplex
Speaking of post counts, admiral, when I am reading it your post count is at 4444. By the time you read this it probably would have changed. Anyways just thought I'd point out a cool number that only happens every thosand posts :).

Well, actually, it's every 1,111 posts. ;)

Originally posted by MDLarson
What's the big deal with the post counts? After reading some threads, I get the impression that it's either a contest to get the most posts or even a pecking order (in the sense that a Junior Member doesn't pull enough weight to have as valid an opinion as somebody with over a thousand posts or something).
In answer to your origional post, and the discussion of how many posts you need to be part of the community, you had 26 when you started this thread, and most people probably saw you as a newbie, not knowing much about you. Now you have 62, and people know a bit about you and you're part of the forum.

That's an answer of a sort...

Bernie :eek:)

Hey, if anybody is offended by my animated GIF I made earlier, I'm sorry. I only meant it as a joke. Please forgive me? :(

Anyway, back to the original question; I have about, what, 210 or so posts and I definitely feel like a part of these forums. I don't feel that you need to have 4665 posts to be a part of MacOSX.com... in fact, even when I hit 100 posts and was saying how I "no longer felt like a newbie" Ed Spruiell (Ed, I still don't remember how to spell your name, sorry) was quick to point out that he thought that I was a helpful addition to the forums regardless of my post count)

ALL members here on the forums are helpful additions to these forums. Without more members, we would all be asking questions...and getting no answers. :)

Originally posted by testuser
MD,
What was in this horribly offensive GIF? I'm intrigued. You seem like a pretty clean-cut fellow. I couldn't imagine anyone taking outright offense at anything you would do. (Strongly disagree - yes... but offense?)
Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
I am also "a little angry" that you made a post in site discussions in which you felt intimidated about members having high post counts. Then after some of us politely and genuinely assured you it meant nothing, you have since posted making fun of people with high post counts. I don't know why i would take this personally, do you?
It was in that old abortion thread thread that things got a little heated.

By the way, I have since become much more comfortable here; I just wish I had more time to spend chatting and stuff! :D

and let me add that i have become more comfortable with you. and i wish you had more time to just chat and stuff too.:)

hmm, maybe we should define stuff:p

Back