Silver Wedding

I was in 9th grade when the Macintosh came out. I still remember being in school in high school when my school got a grant from Kodak and they got a whole bunch of Mac Pluses. My senior year in High School they got the brand new Macintosh SE in the Art Department (I did four years in Art). I remember the Art teacher joy in getting the SE, he was like a kid in a candy store when it came in.

I guess I was luck Kodak was feeling generous, when I was in High School, to give a small school like mine (we where K through 12) those benefits. To bad today schools do not receive money from near by corporations anymore.

Ah the memories of a bygone years.

Last edited:
1200.gif

I was nine years old at the beginning of 1984 and didn't notice the Macintosh's release. I became aware of the Mac in the Summer of 1987, when I started my next school at 13. They had a room with 5 or 6 Macintosh Plus models and two ImageWriter printers. I got a hold of MacPaint and MacWrite and started loving the Mac as a user. SuperPaint was my favourite productive application back then. But I spent much more time in LodeRunner and DarkCastle, of course... ;)

The 24" iMac I'm sitting in front of while writing this sure is a much more advanced machine, but basically, I'm still sitting in front of an AIO computer, handling files and folders in the Finder. I guess the real advancement between the computers is that I don't have to swap 800K 3.5" SD disks all the time. (I had a system disk and disks for each app and its documents.)

Happy Birthday, Macintosh!

Hmm...that's probably the only already-bitten apple that I would ever take a bite out of. :p

Back