Site Preview...

i like it! :)

BUT

im anal about this... too much vertical scroll... you want the viewer to jump into your site and not have to scroll right away... at least IMO

but i love the theme, i think its great work :)

I keep getting problems trying to access your website... is there something I have done wrong in my life?

It'd thought I'd bump this, seeing as how I've updated the preview site. Now the contact and gallery links should work. But don't bother clicking on any of the tiny gallery thumbs, seeing as how they'll do nothing. Anyway:

COMMENTS PLEASE!

Originally posted by MacLuv
I've seen some good web installations that use this as a feature...

you are wrong ;)

im not saying vertical scroll is bad, im saying that the content of the page that is important needs to be visable to users right when they open a page...

but this is just my opinion :)

Uh huh.

Why should all the content be visable?

You must be using that Apple one-click mouse and you h8 scrolling, right?

Um... well, there aren't any set rules about this, but I totally know where you're coming from.

I often like to see sites that stretch the boundaries of conventional web design. If one scrolls to the bottom of the page becuase it's put together badly, yes, I agree with you about scrolling, but if it's the artists/designers intention to have the user scroll down then so be it.

:p

well im very much into designing for the user... with the user in mind, most users like to see what they need to see right away, and then after that find others things...

so if you want users to see something, do you put it at a bottom of a page that 1600 pixels long?

to me its common sense, im not saying scrolling is bad and shouldnt be used at all, thats stupid, im just saying that you want to have most of anything important visible to the user when they open the page, its like a front page of a news paper... they put what they want people to see on the front

but hey maybe im the only one that thinks like this ;)

I'm not "taking sides" here, and I'm not going to state my official opinion on this subject either but:

The user couldn't give a **** if they have to scroll down two clicks or not. It kind of goes along with the topic of setting a pre-defined resolution for your website. For example: if you're designing a webpage in Photoshop under a resolution of 2000x1700 you'll see your page a lot differently than somebody with say a resolution of 800x600. So let's say you decide to set your resolution to 800x600 and make the website, but then what happens to the users with resolutions over 1026x768?

Now so you, and I, can sleep good tonight I'll say this: you can't please everybody. That's the way the world is. Make something so it fits in the average spot and people will view it as above-average. Make something look above-average and it will look awful.

when i say user, i mean the average user, which is a user with 800x600 or a 1024x768 resolution, running in a smaller window, runnin on windows, running in IE, that is the "average user"

as far as scrolling goes, hey maybe its just my opinion and a few others that you cater a website to your users because thats what the website is for... unless it isnt, and if thats the case then i'll shut up ;)

well i'll shut up anyways, you guys are right, make long ass pages and scroll all you want ;) ;)

So I've been to your site as well BB... can you tell me who your target audience might be?

my website was geared towards the average user, it is geared to be usable and simple enough to cater to most needs of users.

i think when you talk about user you are talking about their taste, their likes and dislikes etc, what i am talking about is more specs like, and more general

obviously im not marketing towards soccer moms who like pink rabbits... but i am designing my site with a general user in mind and thats one with the specs i mentioned above

and part of those specs IMO is assuming the user would rather see what they want right away rather than look for it

and like i promised before i'll shut up now ;)

Back