Site Upgraded for 2008! Happy New Year!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Did a few modifications and upgraded to VB 3.7 Beta 2. I should have upgraded to Beta 3, but too tired to continue at this point.

If you notice any bugs or issues, please let me know, just reply in this thread. Things might look funky in IE on Windows, again, I will test that all out tomorrow.

NEW

• Site Search in Menu Bar, Searches FORUMS and TECH DB.
  • Enhanced Customized Profiles, Upload Photo Gallery and More
  • New Top Menu Links, Dynamic Depending on Your Level
  • More, but tired... will write more later.

In Tech Area there are no Active Tickets and I know that there are several just from my list.

In Tech Area there are no Open Tickets - There was a few before the switch.

There were tickets when I got done with the transition. But, I see the "update" on the list is dated 1969. Must have had a "new year" bug somewhere. Those 2000 bugs keep popping up. ;)

Thanks.

The tickets are back ! I got a totally white screen just five minutes ago - must have been you correcting things. :)

Just have to say that I really like the new changes to the site cosmetically. Very clean. So far under the hood, things feel the same but I have yet to really get into it more to see the changes I guess. Kudos! :)

Thanks for the site maintenance!

Here is a little display bug.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 27
Helps when you tell me the browser and OS. ;)

I checked Safari, Firefox, Omniweb and Opera on Mac, and IE7 on Windows and none showed what you see.

Looks like your not getting a newer CSS, probably cached.

Load this page.... and it will refresh it.

http://macosx.com/css/stylesheet_macosxcom.css

Last edited:
Loading that page helped. I was seeing the same thing as Chevy and was about to take a pic.

Possible Bug:
When you use Quick reply, and click on Post Quick Reply, it takes you to the main forum page, rather than your post.

I have it look like on Chevy's. 10.4.10, Safari 2.0.4, which had 3 installed and then removed.
Oddly, it looks like that only if I use http://macosx.com without www in the address, so with www it looks correct.
It looks the correct way on both formats in FF in XP though.

Safari 3.0.4
Mac OS 10.5.1 - as in my signature

I tried with "www" in front too, same result, see below.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 9
I emptied the cache (Menu -> Safari -> Empty Cache...) and everything is back in order !

I'm pretty sure that this isn't a bug, but just thought I would mention it. With many of the FAQ, there are questions but no answers.

The one thing is I still prefer the thread post change color over the new "New" on the folder. Maybe a combination of the two would be cool.

Back