Site Upgraded for 2008! Happy New Year!

The one thing I have noticed is it is hard to tell who is logged on at the time. Everyone has a green dot under their picture/name. Before that dot meant they were logged on the site at that time. However now it is hard to tell.

The yellow + or the grey -. But what is the meaning of the small green square below the join date and location in this case ?

The green square means you are on a distinguished road. ;)

I like the multi-quote facility and generally like the new appearance. I'm still figuring out the exact nature of the reputation, friends/contacts, and green square functions.

Also, I saw that, for a moment, forums with new posts not only had the "New" label but the folders were a brighter color. That seemed to work better, so I'd be in favor of the color coding too.

Scott,

The list of open tickets has "List Updated: December 31st, 1969 @ 06:00 PM" again.

Edit - I see it is fixed now ;)

We are now running on LiteSpeed Server w/ xCache. I don't have all the details nailed out, but hope to have them done in the next day or so. I am curious to what your experience is with the site performance from about now forward.

the site was running really fast an hour ago, but now it seems to have slowed down a little.

Definitely notice a speed increase, you had to point it out to let me notice, but having to use SatComs, to get any form of broadband, we do have some disadvatages here as you know.

Nice to see you around.

Stuart

It's certainly fast for me, but it always has been, so I can't say I've noticed any significant improvement. Everything seems pretty much the same to me. And that's a good thing. It seems like a smooth upgrade.

I have solved the mystery of the green rectangle: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230697

Now what does that "+" square mean? Edit: Oh, I see, it shows if a user is online. I thought that was what the blue dot was for, but apparently that shows what posts are new/unread. Tooltips appear if you hover the mouse over the icons long enough.

The new site seems very brisk, but then again It's always been one of the better.

jb.

Back