Site Upgraded for 2008! Happy New Year!

It's certainly fast for me, but it always has been, so I can't say I've noticed any significant improvement. Everything seems pretty much the same to me. And that's a good thing. It seems like a smooth upgrade.

I have solved the mystery of the green rectangle: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230697

Now what does that "+" square mean? Edit: Oh, I see, it shows if a user is online. I thought that was what the blue dot was for, but apparently that shows what posts are new/unread. Tooltips appear if you hover the mouse over the icons long enough.

So can't only mods and admins give you reputation points?

Site is certainly no slower than before, but I can't say it's running noticeably faster. I'll see how I feel later as it's getting to a busy time on my connection. I seem to find everything slows in late afternoon here. I've always put it down to end of day downloads clogging the wires.

I've noticed it to be a bit faster than before, as well as much more stable when replying to threads in the Quick Reply portion. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11 on all my systems.

There is something wrong with the login. When I logged in, I see on the top of the screen that I have logged in, and following at the bottom of the screen:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

But, when I select some thread, top of the screen says that I should log in, and at the bottom:

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

(Actually, it was same for this thread, I had to log in, even I had already logged in.)

This started today, before when I was logged in, I was logged in on all pages.

It does seem a little speedier than before. Certainly it doesn't seem to stall before loading a page which I was experiencing before.

yeah it works ok, but what are the little buttons, and where did the AIM sign go next to my name :(
EDIT:i found out what the little buttons were due to mikuro's post but how do we earn rep points?

Anyone can give them (or take them away). If you click on the "REP" button at the right hand side in the Post Header (shows date of post), you can add REP. You just type comments on why your doing it. This has been around in VB, but just turned it on. Currently, the feedback is hidden from view, but can be set to be viewed if folks would prefer that.

I recommend giving points to people who post quality posts, helped you out, or posted helpful information. We can promote this more on the site if people are interested in this aspect of the site.

But, when I select some thread, top of the screen says that I should log in, and at the bottom: