slowing down or ending a thread

reed

Registered
What's the best way to end or slow down a thread.
Silly comments? Stupid pictures AND comments? No real interest since the beginning? Or just saying too much that is plain dumb (me). OR, we have more important things to do on this site? Stop bugging us. Cheers.

I never had the crabs (although I was a bit scared with a gal when I was in highschool). I just wanted to see if this thread would end PDQ. You can take off your coat bbloke.

Declaration of personal pediculosis pubis infestation would be a pretty good thread killer. Thank goodness it was a false alarm.

As far as I know there is no way to slow down or end an individual thread. You can, however, slow down an entire process with the renice command or end one with the kill command.

Wait, what are we talking about?

windows.jpg

The Domesday Book? Plus "farty warts" from Fawlty Towers. Isn't that enough to stop this thread? Where is a moderator when you need him/her?

Last edited:
Well here is a mod... what for? Closing a thread with the superpowers is cheating isn't it?
Especially if the point is to slow down or kill the thread by natural means. So just turn the discussion to something that is so boring that no one wants to update it more than once a year or so.
g/re/p THAT picture is worse than trying to divert the discussion to random aspects of colostomy bags...

Back