Snow Leopard: Preventing Terminal's shutdown prompt?

Hippo Man

Hippo Man
I'm running Snow Leopard. If I have a couple of Terminal sessions running and I try to quit both of them via the Quit Terminal entry in the Terminal menu, I get a dialog box with the following message:

You have 2 windows with running processes. Do you want to review these windows before quitting?

I don't ever recall getting this message under Leopard, so I assume it's a new feature under Snow Leopard.

I want to disable this dialog. Is there a property setting for the Snow Leopard version of Terminal which controls this?

Thanks in advance.
.​

I figured it out. It turns out to be the warnOnShellCloseAction property. I need to set it to 0.

I recently recreated the *.terminal files that I use to start up those Terminal sessions, and I now realize that somehow, I accidentally changed the setting of that property to 1 when it used to be 0.

It doesn't have anything to do with Snow Leopard, after all.
.​

Hippo Man's actually got it down pat -- customized Terminal sessions, stored the way Apple suggests, with valid options.

It ain't "hacker," it's "proficient." ;)

¡Gracias, amigo! ... but I wish I was more proficient on the Mac.

Anyway, I'm sure that Satcomer is just joking. Sometimes irony doesn't come through clearly in writing, but that's what the emoticon was for. ;)
.​

¡Gracias, amigo! ... but I wish I was more proficient on the Mac.

Anyway, I'm sure that Satcomer is just joking. Sometimes irony doesn't come through clearly in writing, but that's what the emoticon was for. ;)
.​

Yep I was trying to be funny because I know most here tend to the real hacking of our Macs to make them do what we want!

Yep. Since Apple takes such a paternalistic attitude towards the user base, it's often up to us, the geeks and hackers, to take the reins. :)
.​

Back