Snow Leopard

jareddigby

Registered
I really want to install the beta of Snow Leopard I have just one hard drive. Apple says the beta cannot be updated:-(

The beta of Snow Leopard is only legally available to developers. Since it is in beta, it's no surprise that it can't be updated. Best bet is to wait until it's released.

Lots of things are hard. If waiting is the worst thing that happens in life, then that's a damn good life. ;)

Snow Leopard is rumored to be released in September -- just two, maybe three short months away. Until then, Leopard operates just fine -- it does email, web, graphics, games, processing, presentations, web site design, and everything else just as well as Snow Leopard will.

Assuming you're actually in the developer program (so we can continue talking about this...), you'll want an external FireWire or USB harddrive. Then you use Disk Utility from your original system DVD to restore your internal HD to the external (select "delete everything" in order to get block-copying instead of file-copying, makes the copy-process sooooooooooooooooo much faster!). Then you can install Snow Leopard onto the internal drive to test it. After a while, you'll want to go back to your current system, then you simply restore the external drive to the internal, just like you did at first, but the other way 'round, and you'll be back where you began.

jareddigby -
I see you posted that you have a Mac Pro with just one hard drive.
install a second hard drive, and install your sweaty Snow Leopard on that - question answered....
$60 or $70 should give you plenty of choices a decent capacity hard drive.
It's way too easy to add up to 4 internal hard drives to your Mac Pro...

Last edited:
Back