So, in your experience, what went wrong in the Macs?

I have a G5 PowerPC that has 2x250gig HDDs RAID 0 together, and one of them went corrupt for no apparent reason. Other than that, I have never had any issues that I didnt do myself.

Work iMacs (G3) were always a pain in the ass - well that's partly true, it was mainly OS9. Personally i have an iBook (G4) and a Mac Mini (G4), had a few minor things with both but nothing that isn't just general niggles

I ordered my MacBook in Febuary, and got it in June, so they made it in April/May. Mine doesn't get yellow at all, so they must have fixed it really fast, considering they introduced the MacBooks in January. When did you get yours, Fryke? And how did you get it so fast? In Europe they started with the MacBooks in Febuary, so I placed the order, as soon as the stores had them. Did you buy yours online or at a store?

Oh and by the way Fryke: Neuigkeiten wegen dem Apple Store in der Bahnhofstraße, oder wo immer die jetzt ist? Bauen sie schon?

Looking back at my post and not wanting to include additional tid bits from history I feel it was a smooth transition from PowerPC to Intel. It could have been a lot worse if Mac users wanted it to be.
Apple has finally come full circle with their hardware and operating system. It works as advertised and when I select Shut Down from the menu it shuts down. When I press the power button it is ready to go as soon as I turn around. I have yet to see a Windows PC do what a Mac does. It just works and it works well.

Actually, though, selecting Shutdown or Restart prompts you if you really, really want to do that. They added that in Panther or something. Hate it.

Well obviously it is there for a reason. When you accidently hit the power button while plugging in a USB or Firewire device. It is also gives a countdown so if you want to wait for two minutes you can always cancel it. You must accidently shut down a lot. lol

Actually, though, selecting Shutdown or Restart prompts you if you really, really want to do that. They added that in Panther or something. Hate it.

Be a keyboard master and hit control+eject button. To sleep immediately hit option+command+eject button.

I don't really have a problem with those. I close the lid when I want it to sleep. ;) But Apeintheshell: I was talking about the Apple menu items "restart" and "shutdown". You don't hit those by accident, I think.

I have my G5 Power Mac, dual core PPC 2 GIG and Iove it, i hod 2gig of ram, but can expand it to 16gig, take dat!

I love my machines, laptop is next in the future.

What if there was a natural disaster like rocks falling on your roof and one came through, hit you on the back of the head, and your hand slipped and moved the mouse all the way to the shut down menu. With your last breath you whispered, "no!!" as the computer shut down and lost all of your work. It wasn't your last breath and from now on you use the control-eject key commands.
Thanks for the key commands btw Satcomer.

What if there was a natural disaster like rocks falling on your roof and one came through, hit you on the back of the head, and your hand slipped and moved the mouse all the way to the shut down menu. With your last breath you whispered, "no!!" as the computer shut down and lost all of your work.

Yea but...

What if there was a natural disaster like a power outage, and as you see the light goes out, with your last breath you whispered, "no!!" as the computer shut down and lost all of your work.

Yea, only if there is a dialogue box: "Power outage initiated, cancel or allow?" :p

Back