Something wierd just happened to my system

Lt Major Burns

"Dicky" Charlteston-Burns
the optical drive spun up really fast for some reason. i looked at it and then when i looked back at the desktop, the dock was gone. then it came back up again. why did the dock relaunch? all i have open is this window, msn in the background and itunes.

it's possibly rhetorical. this happened to anyone else?

Open the Console log up real quick and find out what happened. With the so called Trojan out, also check your Startup Items and if anyone is connect to your system (also if you have Sharing turned on).

MSN working in the background! Hmmm... I think this is how Bills Gates gathers technology to copy. Bill of Troy lol

I'm not sure that counts as a crash... Certainly not on the scale of destruction that must be guarded against with Windows. It acted oddly for a bit, now it's fine.

InstaGiB said:
Well it looks as if Mac isnt invincible after all - it crashes OMG.

Wow....a piece of software created by human being is imperfect!!!! OMG!!! :rolleyes:

To err is human....

InstaGiB said:
Well it looks as if Mac isnt invincible after all - it crashes OMG.

No one here ever said Macs are invincible -- plus, this is a help forum. You'll see more "problem" threads here than threads entitled, "Wow! Just dropped in to say I've never had a problem!"

...the same as you're more likely to see broken cars at an automotive repair shop than you are fixed ones. Doesn't mean most cars are broken, it just means you came to the wrong place to poke fun at someone's car.

it crashed later on anyway - i mean like properly crashed. i think it's the second time it's crashed since october. i don't like having to reboot. the dock just stopped working, with a beachball over it. it only occurred to me afterwards that i could have gone into activity mon. and force quit the dock.... ah well :p

also you see how many people were alerted because my system crashed? it's a big thing in these here parts. my mac crashed OMG! i'm totally unprepared! aarrggh!

it doesn't happen very often.

Back