Sound problem with external speakers (no red light)

Your video doesn't really demonstrate your problem, at least not to me.

I can see that you plug in a (subwoofer?), and you get more bass?
That appears to be working.
How is it different when you are booted to Windows, and what do you expect should normally happen?

1. Did you choose the headphone port in System Preferences->Sound, Output?

2. Do you know if you hold down the 'option' key while clicking the menu finder bar icon one can choose the sound source port (at least in 10.7+10.8)?

3. Did you check the settings and cable going to the speaker (and the speaker knob settings)?

yes, i ve tried everything you have written. and no, it is not a subwoofer. It shouldnt make any noise. Yes, i have output checked. In windows should it be everything allright. No sound and when the song starts to play, external speakers starts to play. And it is my problem. In mac problem with sound, in windows it starts to play without any problem.

I don't know about other folks, but I still don't understand what problem you are having!

If you plug in an external speaker (or headphones), that will disconnect your internal speakers, and the external speakers will play.

Do you hear other noise when you plug the external speaker - either a hum, or maybe a static-y noise (crackling), or other non-musical noise?

If you don't hear the external speakers at all, do headphones work?

Open your System Preferences/Sound pane, then click on Output
Plug in your external speakers, or headphones. Do you see the output change in that window from Internal Speakers, to something else - either headphones, or external speakers?

Back