Speekable items folder

Berniemyk

Registered
I can't seem to open Speakable items folder. I think it might be empty. How do I get Speakable items to work on my laptop. I am using Tiger. Thank you, Bernie

I hope you mean the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Speech/Speakable Items/. Do these steps if you can not open the folder:

1. Launch /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and use Disk Utility to "Repair Permissions". It will take a while to run so get a cup of coffee.

2. Go to the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Speech/Speakable Items/ and then do a Finder function called "Get Info" (command button+i) on that folder and make sure you have permission to open that folder.

3. Run some badly need maintenance on that Mac. download either program Yasu or Onyx and run all the maintenance routines. Reboot the Mac after the program runs 2 times to rebuild the StartUp/shutdown cache. This should help and you should run maintenance on your Mac about every 3 weeks to keep your Mac running almost like new.

Good Luck.

Wow, thank you so much. Ill get my head around what you have said and go through bit by bit. I'm sure it will be ok after that. Take care. Bernie

Hi, I have looked and I cannot find a speech folder nor the speekable items within it. So am I missing somthing? I have repaired my permissions.

Do you mean it looks like this?

Add any items to your speakable items, and then you should be able to open it. If it's empty, the folder does not exist.

Attachments

• Picture 93.png
    Picture 93.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 5
Back