Standard Acount To Admin

CarlaDoyle

Registered
I don't know what did I do but i've changed my only account (admin) to an standard one...and now ofc I can't change it bc I don't have any permission. Can you help me? THANKS.

Boot into Recovery Mode and repair permissions and your hard disk. This is usually a symptom of disk going south! Consider thinking about a new hard drive soon and make sure you have a good backup of your music, movies, etc.

It helps to know what version OS X you are running.
Boot into Recovery Mode and repair permissions and your hard disk. This is usually a symptom of disk going south! Consider thinking about a new hard drive soon and make sure you have a good backup of your music, movies, etc.
Nope, I don't want to restart the Mac xD I just want to create the root account and give the admin account to the standard one. I don't know how to do it.

You can't make changes that need root access, when logged in as a standard user.
Here's one method to enable the root account...
Boot to your recovery system (Restart, holding Command-R)
In the menus, choose Terminal.
Type resetpassword, then press return.
You will see the Reset Password app open. Click on your hard drive, then in the dropdown menu, choose the System Administrator, which is the Root account.
Now type in a password that you want to use for the root account. (You may want to remember what you select for a password :D )
And, click Save, then Quit that App. Go to the Apple menu, and choose Restart.
If you get to a login window, choose the user "Other", then enter the user account name "root", and type in the password that you just created.
Press enter, and you will now be in the Root user. Now you can change your usual account to an admin user, if you still want to do that.
Log out of the root user, and log back in to your normal account.
(Be sure to disable the root user when you are back up and running. It should only be enabled when you have a need for that, then disabled for better security)

And, I agree, if you did not change your user account to a standard user, that may indicate that you are having problems with your hard drive, but maybe just a glitch from an OS X upgrade (it occasionally happens!)

Back