start up led and date msg

ron45

Registered
The one above the on off switch used to light when I booted the `puter. Running 10.4.1.1 G5 dual 2 ghz. Now sometimes it doesn't light at all or comes on initially then goes off. These may not be related but again fairly randomly I often get a msg. saying I need to set date and time as they are wrong. Is that a mb battery thing?

Every time I open the window after one of these msgs. the date and time are alright. I don't have a regular schedule of initializing pram but I probably do it four or five times a year. When ever the is a problem I do that and rebuild the desktop just to see if that takes care of it. Thanks to everyone who is taking the time to help with all the questions.

Ron

Apple doesn't bother to mention what kind of batt. to get. I couldn't find it in two quick scans thru the doc. It is such a common type that radio shack will have it? Love the part about the explosion.

Ron

That's just a common button, or watch battery. The battery type will be marked on the battery. Not all G5s use that type of battery. Yours may be the older lithium battery, which is called a 1/2 AA. You can often find those at Radio Shack, although I don't know if they still carry them.

Back