SUN's Project: Looking Glass

So we only get one really useful new feature a year? I haven't heard about anything but expose (I really like fast user switching but it's really not all that useful to me).

then ripcord im assuming ur using jaguar ? good for u.
well im too bord to learn beginners. go to apple/macosx and see whats new in panther!

I said "really useful". FileVault doesn't do anything for me. SMB networking is even more broken (still!) than in 10.2. Expose IS nice. Speed improvements are nice. The fact that I can actually run some of the newer software is nice, but not really a feature (instead I've whinged about the fact that so much won't run in 10.2 too much on these boards. Or maybe not enough). Was it worth my $149? ($20 for the G5, $129 for the G4) ... Not sure. It definitely would have been worth $40.

when an xbox or game cube game costs 50 euros.. than panther is worth the money.

the point is that, i have bought jaguar, and panther, and i would like to have even a small discount later on in the year when i buy 10.4.. since i have been upgrading from system to system, im not really becomin a new os x user!

I agree with the latter part. I already bought much of the technology that exists in Panther when I bought 10.2 and 10.0, both at full price. I've now paid for much of the same technology 3 times - why should I have to pay for it AGAIN by paying full price for 10.4?

That’s not how it works.. u see the technologies are cheap. But the maintenance is expensive. You usually pay around like a 100 just for maintenance, the rest probably goes into the technologies.

Back