Superboost repeater

nealt

Registered
I purchased this item awhile ago but never got it to work. Their support number was friendly but was not able to help.
I am running Mojave on an iMac with a Linksys E4200 router.

According to the instructions on is supposed to click on the WiFi icon in the menubar. Then from a list choose "Repeater". Unfortunately, Repeater does not appear in the list.

Anyone have experience with this device and have any suggestions?

If you have THIS wifi booster product, try the instructions on that page.

(There's lots of junk available on the internet -- just sayin'. :cool: )

If you have THIS wifi booster product, try the instructions on that page.

(There's lots of junk available on the internet -- just sayin'. :cool: )
The instructions say:

Click your computer’s WiFi network icon.
Click on the wireless network called ‘WiFi Repeater’. Press Connect.

Unfortunately, WiFi Repeater does not appear on the WiFi list.

The instructions say:

Click your computer’s WiFi network icon.
Click on the wireless network called ‘WiFi Repeater’. Press Connect.

Unfortunately, WiFi Repeater does not appear on the WiFi list.

Did you get into your main router to see if it sees the extender? If so does that repeater even seen by the main router!

I ask because of cheap routers may inly except extenders of from the same manufactures while others may connect to it! You have to find out if your main router see it!

IS there any change to your list of networks, after pressing the "WPS" button on your repeater? (Give it a couple of minutes to show up after pressing that WPS button)

How many networks show up under your Wifi icon droplist?
(The name of your repeater might not be what is suggested in that document, but could be something else, like your normal network name, with an added _EXT.
You can also try comparing the list with the repeater unplugged/disconnected, then plug in, and watch for new items in the list (Again, the network name might possibly be different from WiFi Repeater)

Or, the repeater is just a piece of non-working junk...

There are a couple of networks shown, I tried them all. They do not show the "connect button"
If I put the repeater's ip address in Safari it does not connect. Plugged and unplugged gives the same list.

Sounds like you need to find someone that can help you locally, that can try it out, and knows what they are looking for.

Or, find a handy trash can to toss it away.
Seems to not have a lot of practical value, even if you could get it to work.

on the other hand, your Linksys router is nearing 10 years old tech, and routers don't last forever. Probably a good performance match with that repeater, but then it might be about time to upgrade that router, to something that gives you more performance than the combination of the two old pieces would ever give you. (just a suggestion)

Back