syncserver lagging, itunes not syncing contacts with iphone

Crosswind 9

Registered
There is another thread with the same problem but there seems to be no answer or it was just ignored.

When I start up my computer, it lags because syncserver is taking up all the cpu and most of the memory. Many other links say to check the library folder: syncservices, but i do not have one for some reason. I have done what the apple website instructs me to do with terminal to reset the syncservices folder, but of course it doesnt find it. The only solution i have for this is to force quit syncserver from activity monitor. However, when i sync my iphone, syncserver is launched again and my computer lags. Also, when I sync my iphone, it doesnt sync contacts or other information because I apparently "disabled" syncing on this phone. It asks if i want to continue, I click yes, and then it says: cannot sync. You can either click override or ok, both of them lead to syncing only the music and pictures etc. without the contacts and information.

What should I do?

I dont have .mac or mobile me accounts, if theres any problem with syncing i'd assume its with itunes and iphone. I tried what the applesupport site said but again, for some reason i dont have a syncservices folder

Are you using the third party plugin called Growl? I ask because ann older version of it conflicted with the Mail application and sync services. If you have Growl update it.

ok i did have growl but i uninstalled it because i realized that i dont use it at all. I had installed it for adium. Now my iphone doesnt sync at all, and I dont have any music or contacts or apps... and syncserver is still taking up all the ram and cpu. I uninstalled itunes and all its related folders, except my music folders of course and still nothing. I called apple support to see if anything could help but my warranties or services expired long ago. Is there anythign i can do to solve this?

Disconnect the phone. Then figure out what version of OS X you are on and go to Apple OS X Downloads and find the "combo" update of the version of OS X you are on. Then download and run that. It will take a bit and will reboot twice so go get a cup of coffee. Then see if that fixes things.

Disconnect any sync devices to your Mac and quit all the programs running at this time.. Then open /Applications/Terminal and type:

/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Resources/resetsync.pl reset

Then press the return button and let it run until you get another prompt. After that launch Mail again and make sure your processor isn't going wild. If it is not then connect and try to sync to iTunes like normal.

I tried that and the prompt didn't seem to work. I opened Mail anyways and syncserver is still taking up the ram and cpu.

Here's what the prompt said

Last login: Fri Feb 20 19:09:38 on console
Donut:~ David$ /System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Resources/resetsync.pl reset
2009-08-14 12:41:30.421 perl[734:10b] SyncServer is unavailable: exception when connecting: connection timeout: did not receive reply
PerlObjCBridge: NSException raised while sending resetSyncData to NSObject object
name: "ISyncServerUnavailableException"
reason: "Can't connect to the sync server: NSPortTimeoutException: connection timeout: did not receive reply ((null))"
userInfo: ""
location: "/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Resources/resetsync.pl line 38"
**** PerlObjCBridge: dying due to NSException
Donut:~ David$

and a picture just in case

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
Hello Crosswind9, I need your advise, can you sync now? how you solved the problem? i have THE same problem, 100% the same, if you know how to solve it please let me know, Thanks

Back