System.log Messages

pedz

Registered
I have my MBP set up to see the console messages during boot. Recently there are a ton of messages at boot time like this:

Oct 26 19:54:42 localhost kernel[0]: Sandbox: launchd(1) System Policy: deny(1) file-write-flags /private/var/run/dyld_shared_cache_x86_64.map

and

Oct 25 19:51:26 localhost kernel[0]: Sandbox: launchd(1) System Policy: deny(1) file-write-flags /private/tmp/noticeboard

In /private/tmp, there are 4M of files just after I boot. I think normally they all get cleaned up. Is it safe to delete the files in /private/tmp ? And, what about the other files?

They don't seem to be really causing any harm.

It has to do with security scheme. Did you goin System Preferences and give all your startup apps have been given permissions for startup.

OP won't find that setting in the Privacy pane (not a privacy function, eh?)
It's actually in General tab of the Security & Privacy pane.

But, that setting is not likely contributing to OP's large amount of messages during verbose boot.

@pedz - I would probably reinstall OS X at this point, which may help to clear up your boot message issues, particularly if you are running Sierra.
Or, if it is not really affecting operation, or performance, you can choose to ignore that batch of boot messages.
Yes, a restart will clean out the boot messages (part of the reboot process to clear out unneeded logs)

Back