TextPad or EditPlus alternative

cosmoss

Registered
I have been trying to find an alternative to TextPad / EditPlus as I need to run a scripting language which is based on Java. The command which I need to run in TextPad/EditPlus is:

java -verbose:gc -jar AKL.jar Test-M.webl

IMAGE:
2emjvxc.png

At present I'm running this command in Terminal Window and generating the output. But I need to run it through TextWrangler/BBEdit/TextMate or any other editor... Is there any way?
Can anybody help me ?
I'm using MBP with OS X Mountain Lion.

The jar consist of the java class files which are basically required to run the script. Just I need to keep the external jar in path while running "java -jar AKL.jar Test-M.webl". That's all. If I run in the Terminal window than its ok. But I need to run from any editor.

@DeltaMac - I tried but it did not work. It is giving - "This file doesn’t appear to contain a valid ‘shebang’ line (application error code: 13304)"
Can you post some screenshot of how to do it?

The jar consist of the java class files which are basically required to run the script. Just I need to keep the external jar in path while running "java -jar AKL.jar Test-M.webl". That's all. If I run in the Terminal window than its ok. But I need to run from any editor.
A Java app to run a script? It seems that you may be going all around Job's barn to do something that can be done much more efficiently by other means.
  1. Was the script written for Windows?
  2. Is the script applicable to the Mac?
  3. What does the script do?
  4. Have your tried a solution that was designed for Linux/Unix/MacOS X?

Back