The hash key

viperice

Registered
Hi,

Im still pretty new to mac, but one thing i cant understand. Where is the hash key!? I have an iBook G4. It makes NO sense to me.

Can anyone offer an insight into this?

Thanks,

Ben.

Shift - 3 is the usual way to get it. Maybe Apple swapped the keyboard shortcuts around.

On a US keyboard Option + 3 gives you the £ sign, so try that.

EDIT: Just changed my International settings over to British, and it is indeed Option + 3.

oh right ok thanks. Im not infront of the iBook now to test it but I know that it is not listed on the "3". I will try when i get back from work and yet you know :).

Thanks.

viperice said:
Hi,

Im still pretty new to mac, but one thing i cant understand. Where is the hash key!? I have an iBook G4. It makes NO sense to me.

Can anyone offer an insight into this?

Thanks,

Ben.

I think if you are on 10.4 then you can see all the little key strokes combinations by first launching System Preferences->International Pane and in that select the Input Menu. Then select the country you are from and select Character Palette & Keyboard Viewer. also select at the bottom of the pane "Show input menu ...". This will put you flag in the Finder left top menu. Once that is there, use the drop down to "Show Keyboard Viewer". Then Keyboard Viewer will pop up and you can see all the keys you type. Experiment with the shift and Option and Apple button with keys. You then will see in Keyboard Viewer all the key combinations.

Back