The "Logs" folder took 700Mb disk space...

Toast - you're right, I posted before I realized there was a second page (duh!). Then again, you're just being a smart aleck - my question really wasn't answered anywhere in the thread, so I made my post a bit more specific...

my logs folder is like 120k, and ive had crashes

i just clear the logs every few weeks o_O

I agree, this is bug-like behaviour. Like another thread of mine on running cron jobs for my iBook that can NOT be on 24/7, and can not wake at night automatically, I could have some problems soon since an app crashes at least 2 times a day.

I would seriously advise against locking the folder, just because you're interfering with normal system behaviour; I would suggest making sure the periodic scripts are force run at some point.

That said, I'm amazed to see that, in a month, my logs are only 4 kb and 156 kb (/Library and ~/Library respectively).

Well, this sounds like a bug, as my machine is usually asleep or off during the normal cron times. 700MB is more than I have ever seen those CrashReporter logs. Sometimes if you get repeated crashes from an app, the log can get pretty long... (it stores all the data from each crash usually)

Back