The movie quotes thread

Here ya go...
I always just hoped that, that I'd meet some nice friendly girl, like the look of her, hope the look of me didn't make her physically sick, then pop the question and, um, settle down and be happy. It worked for my parents. Well, apart from the divorce and all that.

Four Weddings and a Funeral.

How about one from another British movie:-

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Yes, a brilliant line from a great film, couldn't mistake it!

Any ideas on mine? It's from a very famous 1960's film

OK I need to go to bed now (very early start tomorrow) so I'll give it away. It was a line spoken by Michael Caine in the film "the Italian Job"

Someone else can have a go now

Hmm. What do we do if someone gives the answer? Is it "first post gets it" kind of thing?

And for future reference, I personally don't think it matters if you have to go to bed -- we can all just guess or ask questions, and you can come back tomorrow. ;) Just don't leave us hanging for a week...

Here's one:

When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. And that one sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Son, the strongest castle in all of England.

Paragon, yours was from Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

Was "LA Story" the correct answer to Nkuvu's question? You seemed unsure

Back