The Panther 7B28 Thread

Interesting. Maybe this build will fix that annoying iPod crash with iTunes and the Finder minimize thing. That annoys everyone who uses my iMac :D.

And, erh, there is no 'Finder minimize thing' for me...

7B28 is a new build, comes in form of three CDs (not a software update control panel thing) and is said to have several improvements over 7B21, however neither iTunes/iPod nor a 'Finder minimize thing' are noted in the release notes.

Go3iversion has the same iPod problem myself and others have.

fryke: the minimize thing I am referring to (sorry, should have described it then) is when I click the yellow button, it minimizes and then pops back up instantly. This never had happened before, and it only occurs in the Finder.

EDIT: I looked in System Preferences > Appearance, because I though I saw some odd minimization preference there, and after disabling and then re-enabling the minimize on double click, no problems. For now, at least. Must have been some fluke with my settings...

if anyone gets this installed can you guys tell me if it fixes indesign?

Originally posted by Jason
if anyone gets this installed can you guys tell me if it fixes indesign?

i don't think a panther build will fix indesign... i think adobe has to fix indesign.
i wish it worked, too. also: toast. no matter how small a disk image is, 'disk utility' always tells me my cd is too small to fit it.

yep, did work correctly there. the question is whether it crashing on startup in 7B21 is a bug or a change in the OS that will (have to) stay. The first means that a future build (or 7B28) fixes it, the latter that Adobe will release an InDesign update before Panther is released.

well i know that 7b28 fixed that nasty printer bug. I don't know about everyone else but i couldn't print in 7b21, i used the regular epson drivers and the print daemon or something "unexpectedly quit" every time i tried to print. I can't remember the name, it was a big long jumble of letters... The gimp-print drivers made my printer print out all black...
Anyways, i'm happy now :D

The newest: 7B28 fixes the iPod crashes iTunes bug.

On first attempt, it didnt crash, but it didnt actually load the iPod into iTunes or the Finder. When I looked in the System Profile, it showed the iPod, so I repaired the permissions on the Hard Drive and bingo!

Originally posted by danskinnyman
well i know that 7b28 fixed that nasty printer bug. I don't know about everyone else but i couldn't print in 7b21, i used the regular epson drivers and the print daemon or something "unexpectedly quit" every time i tried to print. I can't remember the name, it was a big long jumble of letters... The gimp-print drivers made my printer print out all black...
Anyways, i'm happy now :D

Thank you Apple! This bug has really angered me when trying to print a copy of insurance papers, not to mention the network printing I use on a daily basis from iBooks and such.

Another iTunes bug squashed: in the iTMS, clicking along the "path" buttons (Home > Classical > Yo-Yo Ma for example) used to crash the app. No more!

Back