The Question-Question Thread

choise .. it might be like choosing between a job that you love and a job that you love as much? or choosing between a job and a man?

Do you mean "persons" as in schizophrenia? "The geek in me wants to buy new gear, but the responsible guy wants to save money"-kind-of-thing?

even though i can never be sure of witch of these i mean, is it not up to eac personal morals to help them decide?

(man this is difficult!...But Fun!)

Doesn't the concept of moral - adhering to principle - preclude the idea of "personal" - adhering to the need of the self?

Isn't personal morals an oxymoron?

Aren't we talking about morals? I think the question about soldiers being murderers is pretty much a question about moral, huh?

(sorry, I prefer to keep the topic for a little more ;))

Isn't the difference between mores and morals that one tells you how to do things and the other how to do things _right_?

Aren't mores personal, whereas morals are broader? Aren't mores the morals that "I" observe? Given that all societies disdain murder, aren't morals really universal?

is it not up to the educational establishments to instill a sense of morals and to help you understand what you write, or does this lie in the home?

Back