The story behind your screen name

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdw_

Rockee
This is a thread where you can tell the wonderful or terrifying truths behind your screen names.

Here’s my story.

I was probably 11. I didn’t have the internet at my home yet, so every chance I got I would get my parents to drive me to the central library. I would spend hours surfing the web. It was amazing to me. Once I spent 12 hours strait in front of the computer at the library.

Well one day, I asked the guy how I would go about getting an email address. He came over to the computer and showed me Yahoo.com. He took me to registration form and It asked me to pick a screen name. At that time I was a huge Disney fan. I loved Walt Disney World. I would cry when thinking about it. Anyway, I tried the screen name wdw but it was taken. I tried many variations but they were either taken or I didn’t like them that much. Finally I came up with the name wdw_ *angels sing and clouds part*.

I’ve used that screen name for almost everything since.
:D

It's almost the same story with me... The first time I got internet on my mac, I went straight to the hotmail.com site to get myself a mail. I Signed up with my name "xxxxx xxxxxx" and then hotmail atomaticly made a short version of it and made a "julguribye" suggestion and I choosed that and since then, I have always used that name on everything just to remember it...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lessthanmighty... it is short for.... The less than mighty blink day tones!

A mixture of bands that I like.
-Less than Jake
-Mighty Mighty Bosstones
-Blink 182
-Green Day
-Deftones

Got it... good!:D

Wow... you all have stories. Mine is just my last name, and my G4. My first MACOSX name was just Nummi... but we all know what happened there :)

I've loved walruses ever since I got a stuffed one (as in a plush toy, not a real 10-foot taxidermified walrus) in elementary school. Since then I've been accumulating stuffed walruses (the original was sadly lost in the sands of time, or something like that) and other walrus paraphernalia, and I think I probably have one of the largest walrus collections around. The name "Valrus" comes from a friend of mine in high school with a rather perverse interest in my brutal death saying, "Ian, I hope you get mauled by a rabid valrus in the stairwell." Well, I decided to reclaim the word "Valrus" as my own, and it pretty much just stuck.

And I have to say that "Valrus" is a pretty cool word.

-the valrus

the band i do a website for (www.misterfluffy.co.uk - subtle advertising) are called fuddle, but at the time fuddle.co.uk wasnt available so they chose misterfluffy.co.uk as the url. and i've use it as a SN on every message board im signed up to.

Back in high school when I played basketball, everyone on the team called eachother by their shortened last name with an O on the end ..

Parnell = Parno
Sanchez = Sancho
Jones = Jono
Mackey (me) = Macko

and so I've carried this name since then. :p

Originally posted by nkuvu
I'd tell you... but then I'd have to kill you. Or at least gnaw off your ankles... :D

I searched the web and I think I figured out why your screen name is Nkuvu!:D

I found a page talking about African stories ( http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/mythology/kalulu.html ) and found this
At last Nkuvu the tortoise, wiser than the rest, went privately to King Polo the elephant and said, "If your wives will smear me with salt and put me into your dinner of beans tomorrow, I will catch the thief."

Next day Nkuvu was secretly smeared with salt and hidden in the beans. The worthless rabbit again determined to get his dinner without working for it, and having set his noose, he sauntered up to the cooking pots when all the animals were out at work and began to eat. He thought that the beans were even nicer than usual. They were so deliciously salty. But before Kalulu could finish, Nkuvu had bitten tightly on to his foot.
Is that why your named nkuvu?:D

No big story. It's just an accurate description of my physical appearance - long hair, big beard, usually wearing baggy clothes, sandals whenever possible...

I go by scruffymark some places, because Mark is my name.

The notorious olive counter bit does have a story though:

My parents and I all really like olives. Whenever there were olives in a salad, my dad used to take at least half of them, and then me and my mom would get incensed, and steal them back from him. This sort of became a running family gag.

Now we've gotten into the habit of making sure that the number of olives is always an even multiple of the number of people who will be sharing the salad. The first person to take some salad always asks what the day's olive ration is, etc. My girlfriend accused the family of being 'notorious olive counters' a while back, and I really liked the ring of that term.

Umm, I like dogs, and games... ummm.. yeah. I hate mine I hope to change it as soon as I can think of something new.

I got my name from my dad in a way. We were in the car driving somewhere or something and somehow we were talking about space or something :D. Anyways he said something was a more then a googolplex kilometres. And I had no idea what he was saying so he told me that a googolplex is a very big number that scientists often use to measure things in space. A googolplex is 1^googol and a googol is 1^100. Which is one big number!

Oh yeah and it sounds pretty damn cool too :D.

ever heard of the Cash Money Millionaires? (a rap group)

one day a video came on TV and the song was called "Bling Bling" and it was "quite a catchy tune"

I tried BlingBling2001 - Taken
I tried BlingBling3001 - Taken
I tried BlingBling30012 - SUCCESS!!!

then I just made it BlingBling 3k12 (since i just think it looks cooler than 30012)

there's my story and i'm sticking to it

i also have another name MackGeeFive (say it out loud and you'll get why ;) )

(no it's not that reason... me and my friend were making fun of some of the slang out there.... "Yo G!" so I put "Gee Five Maaan!" and then I just added Mack because MacG5 was taken already)

all my message board names (and practically every thing I sign up to when i become a member of something) are determined by my current AIM screen name...

i rarely like rap music... especially the lyrics.... just give me the instrumental and i'll be happy!

plus, for every rap song that IS on my PC, I always have an instrumental along with it...

but i definitely don't like rap as much as I do rock.... 75% rock.... 20% rap... 5% other (a conglomoration of many different styles)

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

I tried BlingBling2001 - Taken
I tried BlingBling3001 - Taken
I tried BlingBling30012 - SUCCESS!!!

then I just made it BlingBling 3k12 (since i just think it looks cooler than 30012)

Oh. I thought that 3k12 was a Mac OS X build number.:D

wow! nice thyread! well heres my contribution. vic - get it? it's the first 3 letters of my first name, it has religious significance... no it does not... hmm... ah well, it's my nickname a lot of my friends call me simply vic.

rinse is taken from visualrinse, my portfolio/design site.

a good dj is said to rinse the ears...

visualrinse is what a good designer does... rinses the visual.

go check it out. www.visualrinse.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back