The story behind your screen name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I found out about Mac OS X, I replaced the r in root with x. The result: xoot.

(Not to be pronounced 10-oot :D)

rinse, nice site, but maybe the black test on dark red background is too hard too read, also too small in many places, just my advice.

an anaglyph, kind of. The way I'm called for years by my folks.

Nkuvu, tell me something : is your name the name of Nzinga Nkuvu, king of Congo in the 15th century ?

As we're talking about our identity, why don't we ask another question ?
"What's the story behind your forum title ?"

okay, here's my story: my screenname originally comes from the jedi council forums over at theforce.net . when i first signed up i had the usual problem: all the cool names were taken, and everyone was called luke_skywalker and obi-wan and so on, so i decided to go for a 'dark side' screenname just to add a bit of colour (not that i'm particularly evil... :)) and also add in a bit of originality. so i mixed up darth sidious into sithious. it stuck, and as i have a lousy memory i use it anywhere i need a screenname. beats having to remember different names all the time ... and just to make sure people don't think i'm going to zap them with force lightning i added the 'jedi member' bit and the obi-wan avatar ... yin and yang... :D :D
funny thing is i hardly ever go to the jedi council anymore ... like it much better over here ... :)

rinse...

HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU MAKE?! you do such excellent high quality (and highly visited) sites...

that diet coke thing... i actually entered.... it's great to know who actually designed it

Well, here's the story behind mine (it's really pathetic, I know).

My first name is "Simone", so naturally the first screen name I used a couple years ago was "sim1". I just like no letters capitalized for some reason.

Anyway, that was good for a while, but sometimes I couldn't get sim1 or sim_1, because there were many more Simone's who were similarly clever. Anyway, so I changed it to "sim7" for a bit, because I like the number 7 (and the number 13 :D ). Then I decided for a while to change the number to MacOS numbers. So I went through "sim9.0", "sim9.0.4", "simX DP4", and even "simX public beta" ;). Then when X came out, I just went to "simX", and it's stuck ever since. I actually changed to "simX" a couple months before it actually was released, because I was kind of tired of having that long name.

Note that these were all screen names I went through on Hotline. I've only ever used "sim1" and "simX" on websites. I do have sim1@mac.com and simX@mac.com , luckily, so I could choose to go back to "sim1" if I really wanted to. :D

The only thing that I don't like about my screen name is that it's too short and that often I can't get "sim1", "sim_1", "simX", or "sim_X". In that case, I usually use "simsimbean", because it's a "nickname" my cousins gave me for some really obscure and whacked out reason. I've never had a time when that one was used. ;)

Kind of pathetic story behind my name, huh? :p

Mine is based on a game of course.. Mortal Kombat 2 (specifically that version) for SNES. Jade was the character in the underworld that was really tough to beat. Even SubZero couldn't do her in! She was wimpy in 3 :mad: The y at the end for Jadey is 'cause Jade was taken on MacNN and then I wanted to use the same login here.

I find nicks interesting because it is like what we would have named ourselves had we been given the chance. I think Jade would be a cool real name, but I like my actual real name far better. ;)

I also go by the name marceline407. There is a story behind this name too.

I told you I used to love Disney, well Walt Disney was raised in Marceline Missouri and the are code of Walt Disney World is 407. So I came up with marceline407.:D

401 Posts!

I Signed up with my name "Julian Guribye" and then hotmail atomaticly made a short version of it and made a "julguribye" suggestion

The same thing happened for me (w/ my e-mail address, I pu tmy name into aol, and it shortened it and I used that for everything until recently when I decided that I should use something other than my name, so I came up with something random:D

Bling, I am actually looking for a job right now, so as for how much $ I am pulling in, the answer is not much. :(

It is nice to see you like my work, thank you. It was great working for them for so long.

Oh, and as for the text on the website, I dunno, I rather like the dark, it allows for some great contrast on the links, and isn't that bad (even on Windows) for legibility IMHO. Thanks for the feedback though.

Mine is based on Speed Racer's older brother Rex Racer who left the family after a dispute and created a new life for himself as RacerX. It is not that far from my own life story in some ways, so that was were it came from.

And no it is not because there is an X in the name, besides I pronounce Mac OS X as Mac OS 10. :rolleyes:

Nkuvu, tell me something : is your name the name of Nzinga Nkuvu, king of Congo in the 15th century ?
Ahhh, no. Have you been reading the thread...? ;)

So RacerX -- do you pronouce your name "RacerTen"? :D No, I'm not serious. I even watched Speed Racer years ago... Man, that makes me feel old. :p

Originally posted by RacerX
Mine is based on Speed Racer's older brother Rex Racer who left the family after a dispute and created a new life for himself as RacerX. It is not that far from my own life story in some ways, so that was were it came from.

And no it is not because there is an X in the name, besides I pronounce Mac OS X as Mac OS 10. :rolleyes:

DAM DAM DAM DAMMMMM.....

i have a racer x song remixed into a techno song with sexual undertones created by snipets of the characters' dialog from the cartoon... it's rather funny.

just thought youd care...

hey racerX youd do good on the rater "r" show, but after i am finished with my midget...

ah... a long time ago, my AIM screenname used to be UnlearnTheTruth - in fact i still use it sometimes - but anyway. The moral was that sometimes you need to forget what you know to realize the truth of a situation, and also to see through the bs that is passed off as 'fact.'

Unfortunately, my ex girlfriend turned into a psycho stalker, and one of the first things i did was make a new screenname to stop online harassment, which is how AQuestionOfFaith came into play.

*sigh*

I wonder what the story is behind Ed's name... (kidding)

Originally posted by vic
hey racerX youd do good on the rater "r" show, but after i am finished with my midget...

Funny thing is, I hang around that thread so those guys don't think that I hate them (they are actually nice kids, just a little sensitive).

And nkuvu, I heard that there was a new version of Speed Racer that came out not to long ago (though I've never seen it or any images from it). I can remember rushing home after school just so I wouldn't miss the original (I think that was in the late 70's as I recall). That kinda makes me feel old too.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
I wonder what the story is behind Ed's name... (kidding)

I don't know what the reason behind Admiral's is, but I do know why I still call him that when actually talking about him. I still can't pronounce his name right after almost two years. :eek:

My little brother used to rent the new versions of Speed Racer. It was pretty cool at the time. Now I can't stand it. I don't know what you would think, I never liked the original.

Well Greg, since you wondered -

I am really a Jr. So my parents called me by my middle name. I was Eddie up until i moved to Calif the first time at age 12. someone told me i should shorten it to Ed. so i did. I was less of a leader in those days i guess.

I still wonder what part of my brain wasn't working when i went with my real name here, but i would guess it was because i wanted to avoid any associations anyone might have with my usual nick - Duard (pronounced dward, ryhmes with bard). Which is the obnoxious nickname my sister used to use taunt me with. (derived from edward). i also decided to reclaim the name for myself and give it positive meaning. It is also now my pagan name.

oh, and my dad's last name was spruiell:D

Hey Ed,
We have something in common. I'm also a junior and my parents called me by my middle name. My first name is Dave. I think you can guess what my middle name is. I had to spell it wrong to get AIM name.

Not a very interesting nickname I know, but like many others here I wanted to keep it consistent with other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back