The story behind your screen name

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dog named Hugo and would often use some variation of that for a nick or login or password. Realizing it was sort of stupid to mix business with pleasure I changed all my login/passwords to something non-related.

In memory of that faithful hound and my gray mood that December day, I chose Ugg. It was short, simple, easy to pronounce and totally lacking in mystery.

I like hearing the stories behind nicks.

well, xyle is actually my name. in a way. Xyle was my graffiti name, but then i sorta faded out of garffiti and began focusing on my artwork. During that change, my name evolved with me, from Xyle, to Xile, to Exile, to Ecsyle. I still use Xyle_one as a screen name though my name is actually ecsyle. I sign all my work as ecsyle one. It is funny though, the name has become an identity, and most people actually call me ecsyle. I have even introduced myself as ecsyle one :)
The name has become quite fitting of my character though. You can see it in my sketch books.

Originally posted by Scott_Bernard
Scott_Bernard
Is from "The new generation" the last Robotech saga
... my favorite anime
www.robotech.com

I have all but the 7th DVD Box Set collection! Soon, I will have the 7th as well as the soundtrack :p :D ;)

Have you seen the game? It is almost as if a part of Robotech came alive or something :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm out for now!

You take my name, Sean. You realize theres 4 other people in your math class named Sean. You watch Mission Impossible 2. You always watch the ending credits of a movie in the theater. You notice your name on the screen. However, You notice it's spelt with two N's.

as for my first internet username, it would have to be "RageingHellBeast".. Lateron changed to "RagingHellBeast". It was a little purple creature in Secret of Mana that hung in the trees in the Mana tree level. My brother nicknamed it "Raginghellbeast".

Well, my real name is Alex. Daniel Lloyd is an alias I thought up, originally for when I used to do a lot of Flight Simming on my Dad's PC.
It just kinda stuck, though now I sort of wish I could change my screen name here to something else.
For a lot of places, I use 'alexoreo': my name and the name of a guinea pig my family had. The pig is dead now, so I guess I need to think up some other screen name to use :)

Gee I guess I should pipe up too. Mine actually came from when I was an undergrad at the good old U of I. Nobody I knew got to really keep there real name for long on the 4th floor of Lindley hall. I'm a little tall and it started out as "Lurch" as a reference to the butler on the Addams Family. But it quickly morphed into "Lurk" (I don't think that everyone was really clear on the original's pronunciation.)

I never really liked it but it was always said with affection so I guess it grew on me over time.

So if any of my old cronies are reading this here is a big "Howdy" to Smeds, Shaver, Zeke, the Bumpuses, Jark and the rest of you lot. ;)

One of my first names was abboobba. This was around the time that i was learning sex ed......look at the middle 4 letters....
Androo kind of just came to me. it just... happened.

Originally posted by hulkaros
I have all but the 7th DVD Box Set collection! Soon, I will have the 7th as well as the soundtrack :p :D ;)

Have you seen the game? It is almost as if a part of Robotech came alive or something :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm out for now!

WOW!!! the DVD Box Set collection!!! you have to be proud:D
I've seen a demo and i'ts like the anime!!!
...check robotech.com, there are cool screenshots

but is only for PS2...

What is the origin of your screen name on Macosx.com? What does it mean, or stand for? Why did you choose it?

My screen name, arden, is the first name to my online persona, Arden Shik. One day, I was thinking of a name for a game, and this just came to me, and I've been using it ever since. You will find an Arden or Arden Shik or some such variation on a number of websites... that I shall not divulge (mostly because I couldn't count them all).

Actually: when I first registered here people looked at my age (16) and assumed it had something to do with getting high on drugs. In reallity when I first decided on this user name I had no clue what getting "high" meant, so I didn't know what Trip meant. I just used the name because my real name (Tanner) starts with a "T" as well. And Trip is short and sweet.

Plus I was on vacation. :)

I started a new thread for this very purpose, though I should have figured there already was one. Oh well... It's interesting to see the justification everyone has.

Arden is the first name of my online persona, Arden Shik. I was trying to think of a name for a game one time and this just came to me... so I used it, liked it, and have used it since. Usually if "arden" is taken I will add the "shik" to the end of it.

My name comes from the fact that I have a star named after me in the constellation Perseus. :D It's officially registered in the Star Registery and registered in a vault in Switzerland or something. ;)

-Perseus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back