Tim Cook Calls For Unity At Apple Following Trump's Victory

Roselyn Soffer

Registered
The CEO of Apple Tim Cook tried to console representatives taking after Donald Trump's stunning constituent triumph this week, as indicated by an inward update got by Buzzfeed News. In the notice, sent Wednesday, Cook approached Apple representatives to meet up after the biting presidential crusade, and reaffirmed the organization's dedication to assorted qualities.

"We have a very diverse team of employees, including supporters of each of the candidates," Cook said in the memo. "Regardless of which candidate each of us supported as individuals, the only way to move forward is to move forward together."

So how many of you are agreed about this meetup??

I don’t see anything wrong with it. In fact, it is similar to what President Obama has said. The voters elected the person who was not the establishment of same ol’, same ol’. He made many promises along with some troubling statements that may or may not come back to haunt him later. Trump will now have to take a crash course in how the government works and become a politician in order to get his agenda done. Bernie Sanders said it beautifully:

BURLINGTON, Vt., Nov. 9 – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) issued the following statement Wednesday after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States:

“Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media. People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids - all while the very rich become much richer.

“To the degree that Mr. Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him. To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.”

Isn’t working together a good thing?

I feel that most people that voted for Bernie in the nomination didn't like the whole stealing the nomination right from Bernie just bother voting!

I think that Tim Cook, as CEO, should issue a memo stating that, in the future, employees will only be allowed to support the winner, whoever that may be. :D

(seriously) I do think that Tim Cook, as CEO of the company, needs to indicate that the company will continue forward, and supporting the president, whoever that may be, is part of that forward movement.
He has done that, I think.
Providing encouragement to move the company forward is necessarily a part of a leadership position. Tim Cook does that quite well.

Our president-elect now can also move on, leaving the often-bitter rhetoric of campaigning behind, and moving to the task of actually running the country.

I recall people saying Reagan would "destroy the country" and "launch WWIII" and all of that.

I recall people saying the same about Bush the Elder.

I recall people saying Bubba [Stop that!--Ed.] Bill Clinton would "destroy health care," businesses, and, of course, the country.

I recall people saying Bush the Younger would turn the country into a theocracy of intolerance . . . and "launch WWIII" and all of that.

Obama?

Will make us a communist lapdog, destroy health care, probably lead to Canada invading.

Yet, here we are. Still arguing about Macs versus PCs.

It is never as bad as it seems nor as good as it seems.

Nevertheless, see the progress that has been made over the years.

b9c3dbc0.gif

--J.D.

You are not suppose to pay attention to the man behind the curtain with all those revelations he comes up with. They sky is falling !

IMHO a corporation should apolitical and work with any President or leader of a country where they operate and sell goods! To me that would be common sense because a consumer driven company wants all business they can get!

Work with/support ---- to a point. So far this administration has become the laughing stock for the world.

Back