Time For Some Change...

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Hi All,

I got tired of the old format. Yea, it wasn't that old, but when you spend umpteen hours per day on a site, you get tired of it after awhile.

So... anyhow, this is only phase 1 of the changes. I have non-site related activities that are going to keep me busy for awhile, so I didn't get a chance to finish up everything. Figured we could all enjoy the clean look in the mean time.

Hope you all like it. I have only tested it in Safari 2.0 and Firefox 1.0.3 on the Mac. If you noticed anything weird, let me know.

looks good. would look better with a lighter colour on the edges though (grey instead of black..?)..

and what happened to the google-ads?

Oh man what an improvement Scott. I was looking for this for a lonnnnggg time....

NICE WORK!

Well... thanks. I couldn't wait another week or two to get it out, so just put it online with all the old menus. New pages coming and layout for everything except the personal support area and the forums.

I like the old menus. The older version seemed clunky and slow, plus it was not centered.

Very nice :).

But yeah, things like the 3D look on things and the heavy grey borders on the table cells could change to bring everything into line.

Thanks Scott

I like it a lot. it brings in some freshness and clarity (visually speaking)
A welcome example of spring cleaning which reminds me I'm late doing mine ;-)

texanpenguin said:
Very nice :).

But yeah, things like the 3D look on things and the heavy grey borders on the table cells could change to bring everything into line.

I will look to see about getting some new buttons.

Black or Grey background? I have mixed feelings. I like Black, Grey is nice too. Any feedback? You can see black on main page.

blacks too dominating at the side. thank you for centering it again :p

love the new aesthetic - much more elegant, and less workhorsey (we're mac users after all, not workhorsey windows users)

preferred the previous edit and quote buttons though. more intuitive and less stylised.

love the clean swirly lines - very classy!

It looks great. A real Tiger-ish theme. The gfey stripey sidebar looks good, and the post listings are much less cluttered without gridlines. Nice work. :)

Wasn't there a design here, some years ago, that allowed you to choose between two color schemes, if I remember correctly? Not the new chat room, the actual forum... I'm talkin' 2001-ish. I want to say I remember a "blue" theme and... well, a "tan" one? I don't know...

Too much work to maintain two themes. All changes to one, must be replicated over, takes double the work.

Back