Transfer Music to a new computer

kanecorp

Registered
I have a powermac, and i have a brand new sony notebook, i would like to copy my music and playlists over as they are exactly.
I would then eventually like to make it so my iPod syncs with the PC instead of the mac.

Okay okay don't beat me up for getting a PC...i needed a really small light notebook and this thing is 3lbs with a 7-11hr battery life... :)

Thanks for your help
Btw i'm quite sure this is the wrong forum topic but i didn't really konw where else to put it ::angel::

edit: i have all the songs/playlists on my iPod so if i coudl somehow rip the ipod to the PC that would also work. Thanks

Technically, and legally, the iPod prevents you from copying the music FROM the iPod TO your computer. There are utilities that can be found on versiontracker.com that help you do this, though.

An even easier way is to connect the Mac and PC laptop via ethernet, connect to one machine from the other, and copy your music library over to the PC. Then, launch/install iTunes on the PC, import the music, authorize when it asks for it, and then you're good to go.

Back