Trouble With Sig In Mail App

alicemagooey

Registered
Hi..i have been having some 'challenges' with adding an image to may e mail ,in the optional 'add photo' section.. I have a very small photo which i have tried to add,as an 'avatar' if you will..It is just a pretty flower.

ok..will go back to history:
I note several things about my Mac.. I recently opened and used
i chat..for the first time..when i did this,i noticed a new avatar on my stationery which i see when i compose mail ,which was the same as the little butterfly avatar which i see when i first log on and set up my computer(administrator account).

what i am getting at,is that this is perhaps this mac users identifying icon.,

so does that mean that it shows up in my mail account..? Sometimes i see it when i compose my mail..(as mentioned above) I did not put it there.

Also,the people to whom i send mail do not see it.

perhaps my question is twofold..:

Question #1. do i have my own personal icon which is connected to mail and chat and different parts of my Mac experience??

Question #2. can i change this?Can i put a different picture into my mail applications NOTE WELL<PLEASE>I HAVE FOLLOWED THE BELOW STEPS PRECISELY,WITH NO EFFECT:

I have gone to my mail application settings and gone to compose and to add signature and add picture..and added a small pixel flower(very small) to my mail application there..but when i send mail,no one sees it.

MANY THANKS
ALICE

alicemagooey said:
Question #1. do i have my own personal icon which is connected to mail and chat and different parts of my Mac experience??

Only if you dragged a picture to your account in Address Book. However this picture is just for Macs to see and do not appear in signatures. They appear in the email message header, right by you email address.

Question #2. can i change this?Can i put a different picture into my mail applications NOTE WELL<PLEASE>I HAVE FOLLOWED THE BELOW STEPS PRECISELY,WITH NO EFFECT:

Take the small picture you want to add to your signature and open Mail, then go to Mail's Preferences menu. When the the preferences window pops up, select Signatures. Then make up a signature you want to make. To add a picture (make sure it is small) just drag the picture to the text window when making your signature. Now the tricky part is in the left portion (in the signature window) and select the email Service you are using. Now when you compose a message, you can select the signatures you have made.

I had a photo in Mac's Mail header and didn't know how it got there. I looked through this thread and tried the Address Book as suggested by Satcomer. Voila! There it is. I had a contact card with my name and photo. Somehow Mail is pulling that info in, maybe automatically?

Yes, if you have an image assigned to a contact in your Address Book, then Mail will automatically display that image on any mail messages that are from that person.

It's display-only: the person on the other end won't see that image. It's just Mail's way of indicating that the mail message is associated with someone from your Address Book.

Back