undetected battery MacBook Duo core 2.0gh black

FallOutBoyx530

Registered
Well, I called apple and they replaced the battery since it was dead (or so i think it is)

I put the new battery in but my laptop doesn't charge it. My charger light turns orange but my icon battery has a black x on it.

If I unplug the charger...the laptop will run and the light dims as if on battery mode. The reason it's able to sustain it because there's partial charge on the battery from apple.

I tried to unplug battery and charger, hold the power button for 10 sec. To reset the power or something like that?

I've also reset the PRAM just to see if it'll do anything.

***One thing I did notice after I did the power button 10 second thing, when I turned the laptop on...I did notice the battery had a "charge" icon (lighting bolt) but it turned back into the X

This only happened once, now it's back to the x-battery icon.

Any help??

Sounds like your MacBook is not repaired yet.
If you have AppleCare, call Apple again. Likely, they will tell you it's time to take this to an Apple repair shop or retail Apple store for a better look.

Or, tell them that you received a bad battery as a replacement. Yes, OK, that's not too likely, but is possible....

Then the next step would be to call them back, tell them you had a new battery shipped to you, and the new battery is not being recognized by the system.

Back