Unreal2k3 demo

nb3004

Postmaster General
OMG this demo is sweet, almost worth the wait, it even runs decently on my 12inch PB, cant wait for the game to come out

www.macgamefiles.com has a list of mirrors and I've read macupdate.com also has a list of mirrors though they could be the same. As for me I have to wait till I get back to my comp which is at my school right now :( I hope it will be worth the wait though as I've been reading.

Minimum requirements: 700MHz. F*ck Macintosh, my G3/500 iMac with 640 RAM can't play a game released two years later. I'm bored with that.

*switches to PC*

Argh !

*switches back to Mac*

I'll stay with UT Classic.

Did you try if it works ? I've seen somewhere it is very RAM sensitive... and you have plenty of RAM.

It works just fine! Am using my Powerbook for it and 800x600 32bit works kinda fine. Ok, am going to try 16 bit to make sure there is no lag, but it's just great! Two maps available (as far I saw) and graphic looks amazing... It's worth to try, as far it's possible! ;) @ toast

I have a dual 500 with the original Radeon 32, runs pretty well, although its unplayable on my Ti 500. Not surprised on that one though, but glad it runs well on the desktop. Nice game so far.

Have a moderately fast processor (G4 500 Mhz+), oodles of RAM, and a beefy graphics card, and you should be able to play it reasonably well.

I played the Windows version, and I thought it looked pretty cool, but I wasn't blown away. I like the jumping system, but it's too much like Tribes.

I hope its not all choppy on my iMac (800mhz) like Quake 3 Arena is. This 2x AGP Video card thing is kind of annoying when it comes to games. I think the new iMacs are 4x AGP tho.

i use a GeForce2 and 128RAM with my new iMac 700Mhz and i get around 12 fps ...
its sad :( and i have everything turned down.

I just played it on my iMac 700 GF2 512ram and it ran smooth with all setting on low (except 1024res for the lcd) I saw glitchez with a few opponents on the screen shooting eachother though :confused:

anyway, anyone familiar how the game runs on a pc with similar setup? It'd be funny to know :)

Similar setup meaning a pc with G3 700? ;)
Ok, on my fileserver (P4 2,6GHz, GF2 Pro 64mb, 256MB Ram) it's running around 50frames in average. Quite well. Don't know why, but even on my 1Ghz Tibook it seems a bit laggy. Anyone know how to display the fsp?

Runs very very well on my 17" PowerBook with 512 RAM, I was surprised. Default graphics settings at 800x600.

Very smooth and no lagging/skipping framerate.

I'm not too interested in UT2k3 itself, but if this is any indication of how Deus Ex 2 will perform - I'm stoked :D

i run UT2k3 on my P4/1.8GHz/GF3128 and it rocks of course. i've never had a frame rate problem.

however, i'm not surprised there are folks complaining about frame rates without having a GF3 or GF4 video card. there are just too many graphic details in the game, like Quake Arena, for a less powerful video card to drive.

i AM surprised that nb3004 says it runs fine on a Powerbook, but what kind of video chip is in that little 12" PB? that's what really matters, in my opinion. i'm tempted to DL the demo and try it on my old Pismo, but i'm SURE it will be laggy without ANY real video power, so i think i won't! :cool:

Originally posted by infinity
i run UT2k3 on my P4/1.8GHz/GF3128 and it rocks of course. i've never had a frame rate problem.

however, i'm not surprised there are folks complaining about frame rates without having a GF3 or GF4 video card. there are just too many graphic details in the game, like Quake Arena, for a less powerful video card to drive.

i AM surprised that nb3004 says it runs fine on a Powerbook, but what kind of video chip is in that little 12" PB? that's what really matters, in my opinion. i'm tempted to DL the demo and try it on my old Pismo, but i'm SURE it will be laggy without ANY real video power, so i think i won't! :cool:

It doesnt run perfectly obviusly but better than I thought. When played online it is much laggier but playable.

I've put all details to minimum and it's ok on my 1 GHz iMac (with Konfabulator taking 15% of the CPU).

Back