video: macbook pro fan noise... dying fans

Sorry to hear you've got a problem with your new MacBook pro, but...

...why would Apple initiate a recall (title of video) for a mere TWO computers that exhibit a fan noise problem? That's ridiculous.

I could understand if the problem is (or becomes) more widespread, but hell, not every MacBook Pro that rolls off the assembly line is absolutely perfect. As DeltaMac said, use your warranty and simply get the machine fixed or replaced.

It sounds like a truck.. but defiantly get it repaired before it fails and your Macbook Pro fries..

Sorry to hear you've got a problem with your new MacBook pro, but...

...why would Apple initiate a recall (title of video) for a mere TWO computers that exhibit a fan noise problem? That's ridiculous.

I could understand if the problem is (or becomes) more widespread, but hell, not every MacBook Pro that rolls off the assembly line is absolutely perfect. As DeltaMac said, use your warranty and simply get the machine fixed or replaced.

It's definitely widespread. I don't know one MacBook Pro that doesn't have the problem. Listening to that sound variying between slow ticking and diesel engine noise does get quite annoying while working.

I suppose all of the computers that are affected by the problem, are also affected by the high-pitched noise from the power management circuitry.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303365

Contact AppleCare and mention the fan noise as well. Apple will eventually acknowledge the issue.

Back