Vote for the new icon for our chat client

vote for the macosx.com chat client icon

Results are only viewable after voting.

edX

mac shaman
well, quite a few of our members have put their time and effort into designing possible icons for the macosx.com chat client. Please take a moment and look at their work and place a vote for the one you think would look best representing our community thru downloads at versiontracker and macupdate. and of course, sitting in your own dock :)

the poll will close automatically in 15 days. when it does, the one with the most votes wins.

Attachments

• icons.jpg
    icons.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 549
well, this is how the artists submitted them. they either work or they don't. also, be aware that some of them are shown with backgrounds or with some border artifacts that will not be there in the finished product. all are transparent icons.

it could be good to group the results, and then select the variations... I voted for 18 but 20 is as good and 14,16 are also good.

I think there was one from Giaguara with just text in a baloon that was good too and that is not presented here.

Voted for 06, 'cause it's damn innovative !
But 09 (which is the first one for the moment) is good too. Colors aren't so good on 09 but design is fine, IMO.

Originally posted by kanecorp
is 5 really suppose to look like that or did it get screwed up somehow? :confused:

5 is a draft. It has never been finished.

15 is made in the spirit of 5, with a much better finish.

I must say I'm impressed by 26... I didn't see everything in it at the first sight... but it's a really impressive composition job.

Heh. In case you don't notice, the chat bubble in 26 is also one half of the Mac OS logo turned sideways. I LOVE that.

EdX, please make it a two turns election... first one selects the favorites (3-4), the second turn selecting the winner (with the possibility for the designers to update their contribution).

That's a good idea. Pick the top five from the first go round, then let those five polish up the icons and do another poll for the winner.

Originally posted by adambyte
Heh. In case you don't notice, the chat bubble in 26 is also one half of the Mac OS logo turned sideways. I LOVE that.

Thanks. :) Glad someone caught that. An emoticon within an icon, I suppose...? I do wish I hadn't botched the aqua-ness of the chat box, but eh, oh well.

If mine can't win, I personally like 23. I don't think it's doin' so well because the background it's on is too distracting. 09, the current leader doesn't strike me as very iconic, and I'm not a fan of the sliced-in-half Apple logo.

- Brian

i think #9 is comical because the apple looks like it is reaching out to the logo but can't quite get it. Sort of like not being able to buy a mac in the apple store because your broke. heh.

No doubt my vote goes to #26...it's the most professional looking out of the lot IMO. Looks like something Apple would make for one of it's apps. Kudos to phatcactus :D

Originally posted by chevy
EdX, please make it a two turns election... first one selects the favorites (3-4), the second turn selecting the winner (with the possibility for the designers to update their contribution).

i think if we have two or three that are close, then a run off would be in order. however at this point it would already appear we are going to have a clear cut winner. of course it's still early, so who knows how it will turn out. however i think the nightly news would go ahead and call it. :)

Back