Results are only viewable after voting.

CaptainQuark

93 93/93
Which film is better:

Wayne's World

B00005JH9J.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

or Dumb & Dumber?
0780618556.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's gotta be Dumb & Dumber, if only for the "Turbolax" scene, which is up there with the "Campfire" scene from Blazing Saddles!

On a side note, in Dumb and Dumber, when Jim Carrey's character is walking out of the bar, he sees a picture of the moon landing and says something like "Yeah! We got a man on the moon! Wooo!" ... That was improvised.

I have to disagree....I loved Wayne's World. Of course, it was much better before it got to the big screen. I loved the skits on Satruday Night Live. :D

Party on, Wayne....

Party on, Garth...

:p

HAVE to agree with rhisiart here. But I guess it's mainly because of the babes. Scha-www-iiiiiiiiiiing!

Wayne's World was the better film. Although I can't remember if it was a Pacer or a Gremlin that they used. :eek:

My vote goes for Wayne's World. If you put their "Bohemian Rhapsody" scene up against Dumb & Dumber's "Mockingbird" its a no-contest. :)

There was some obscure no-brainer movie called something like "Summer of 76" that has a fantastic AMC Pacer scene. A car comes to a screeching halt just inches short of hitting a parked Pacer. The two lead actors are standing nearby, and one of them shouts "Get down!" and pushes his friend to the ground.
"But it didn't even hit it."
"It doesn't have to, dude, its a Pacer." and then the Pacer just explodes for no real reason at all.

IMDB thinks this movie was all in my imagination. ;-)

nixgeek said:
I have to disagree....I loved Wayne's World. Of course, it was much better before it got to the big screen. I loved the skits on Satruday Night Live. :D

Party on, Wayne....

Party on, Garth...

:p
the pity was that the Screen went worldwide before Saturdaynight Live sketches did, so people were a bit ignorant of that and thouht of it as a Hollywood flick without even knowing of Mike Myers input into the movie.

And I'm sure it's still the same, Saturdaynight Live is only played on PayTv here in Aussie, so lot of people still don't know it.

BTW I voted Waynes World because I couldn't make a decision because they are both just as equally silly LOL

IIRC Wayne's World was shown on MTV in Europe before the movie came out. At least I remember watching some of the skits at a friend's house. And he didn't have pay-tv or anything... Either way: The movie was a huge success with the youth-crowds here in Switzerland.

Which reminds me... The Tenacious D movie should come out in the US this year. While Jack Black certainly ain't a nobody no more, he's now widely known as "the guy from King Kong", maybe someone will remember "School of Rock" when (or rather *if*) the D movie comes to Europe. I really _don't_ think that a wide audience has an idea of what Jack and KG have been up to before... (But of course, I still hope the movie _makes_ it here...)

Oh. I'm off-topic... Sowwy. ;)

When I first saw Wayne's World I was in grade 5 in Québec and I didn't know a word of English. So I was pretty excited when I discovered Saturday Night Live in the late 90s, and the reruns with Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Tim Meadows (who was still there!), Chris Farley, Adam Sandlers, etc. etc.

My favourite movie is Dumb and Dumber though, and the french translation is incredibly funny, which does not happen very often, usually the translation s u c k s. An extra point for Cam Neelly who plays the trucker.

I went for Dumb and Dumber. I remember it really made me laugh at the time. Me and my sophisticated sense of humor! :D

I'll probably be on my own here, but, at the time, I also preferred Bill and Ted over Wayne's World. Maybe I just didn't "get" Wayne's World or something...

Canada-Man said:
When I first saw Wayne's World I was in grade 5 in Québec and I didn't know a word of English.
:eek:

Whoa, is grade 5 in Canada about age 11 or so? I'm surprised you weren't learning English by that time, particularly as Canada seems to use both French and English throughout the country.

Quebec is about as bilingual as Ontario, i.e. you'd be surpised how many Québécois don't speak English and how many Ontarians don't speak French.

Oh, and as much as I like Wayne's World, the Big Lebowski wins hands down (but it's not in the poll, so I guess this doesn't count).

Shut the f... up Donny!

bbloke said:
… I also preferred Bill and Ted over Wayne's World…

HOW could I have forgotten Bill And Ted!!!?
Hmm –*maybe we should start another poll: Excellent Adventure or Bogus Journey:D

Haven't seen Big Lebowski.

Ok, if we're talking about Bill and Ted, my vote is definitely for Excellent Adventure. Bogus Journey was OK, but nothing like the original.....just like the Matrix! :p

Back