Wayne's World v Dumb & Dumber

Which film is better?

• Wayne's World

• Dumb & Dumber

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sadly, I really only know the German-dubbed version of Bill & Ted. :/ ... "Volle Kanne, Hoschi!"

CaptainQuark said:
HOW could I have forgotten Bill And Ted!!!?
Hehehe :)

CaptainQuark said:
Haven't seen Big Lebowski.
Ooooh, I have to say that I think The Big Lebowski beats them all hands down. It's one of my favorite movies, but it is a bit like Marmite (according to the ads) in that people either love it or hate it (= don't get it?). It has a quirky sense of humor.

...or maybe... I do... :D

I liked all the movies listed so far....

Wayne over Dumb
Adventure over Bogus
Lebowski over all four

I still think MP's Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies made. (Life of Brian, and meaning of life were great too).

Princess Bride is a classic as well.

Hm. If we compare _all_ comedy movies all of a sudden, I think we can't just compare these five or six, and they're certainly not the "best in comedy of all time ever", anyway. Not for me. I agree that MP's movies rank higher, but so, in my opinion, do "Life Stinks" and "The Producers" (the original, not the movie adaption of the musical adaption of the original movie) by Mel Brooks and certainly I'd have to state "Happiness" as well. Okay, might be seen as either a very dark comedy or a tragedy, depending on your angle on that movie...

i really disslike the movies in the poll, so none of the above. and as far as the rest of the movies mentioned, i have seen the 1st bill and ted, it was ok. but of all mentioned, princess bride is far by the very best!

Adding more

* Ferris Buellers day off

* (at a loss of the title here) about a group of youth who go off to see a KISS concert, loose there tickets and do crazy things to get into the concert etc - announcing on a PA system at his mothers campaign against Rock Music that he lost his Virginity in a Confesional Box would have to be the highlight of it, anyone know the name of this film?

bbloke said:
I went for Dumb and Dumber. I remember it really made me laugh at the time. Me and my sophisticated sense of humor! :D

I'll probably be on my own here, but, at the time, I also preferred Bill and Ted over Wayne's World. Maybe I just didn't "get" Wayne's World or something...

:eek:

Whoa, is grade 5 in Canada about age 11 or so? I'm surprised you weren't learning English by that time, particularly as Canada seems to use both French and English throughout the country.

Well in grade 5 you know a few words, and you can make a few sentences, but now listen to a movie in English. Most people (adults) in Montreal and near the US/Ontario borders speak English pretty well but they're not fully bilingual.

I gotta second Ferris Bueller's day off. Definitely one of the greats back there. And: Breakfast club.

Right. That does it. If it's going to be a free for all, how about Withnail and I?

Attachments

• Withnail1.jpg
    Withnail1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 5
Loved Withnail and I, whithnail reminded me of someone I knew LOL

And of course breakfast Club

Breaking Away

John Cleese in Clockwork

um, better stop here.......

rhisiart said:
Right. That does it. If it's going to be a free for all, how about Withnail and I?

hahahahahaha yeah!

"if i spiked you... you'd know you'd been spoken too..."

"i mean to have you, boy! even if i have to commit burglary!"

Lt Major Burns said:
hahahahahaha yeah! "if i spiked you... you'd know you'd been spoken too..."i mean to have you, boy! even if i have to commit burglary!"
Even the French treat this film as a classic.

Back