Western digital hard drive

wll fat32 work with mac and windows? im downloading the tuxera one you have to pay for, sp best thing is to keep uninstalling and installing when it runs out if it does work?

If you are downloading the Tuxera paid-for version (again) - then it's a good opportunity to pay for it at that time. Then, you don't need to download it, but just enter whatever the registration code to unlock the NTFS driver.

? ?
You get the registration code when you pay for the software.
Why would you think any different?
It's only $20 to $30, and it sounds like you have a good reason for using the software, so purchase it and be done.
Think of it as trading something of value (your money) for a service that is of value to you.

If you want the drive to work automagically, and you want it to work well, and at full speed - then you erase the hard drive and format it as a Mac drive.
If you want it to work on both OS X and Windows, then you format it fat32, and put up with performance and file size limitations.
If you want good read/write performance on both platforms, then you get to pay for the license for a decent NTFS driver. The fact that you don't get that good choice for free is on Microsoft, as they keep the real NTFS to themselves.

FAT32 would be a better choice - I have yet found no NTFS drivers for Mac OS X that would allow execute for permissions. Meaning you can read and you can write the files, but you can't e.g. erase or rename them.
FAT32 works for both Mac and Windows; it's only practical limitation is the volume size (so for a large drive, perhaps a few partitions).

how would i format it to fat32? so you cant delete anything off the HD if you do that? biggest things i want to put on is: episodes from sitcoms

Back