• All

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 25 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randman

HA! HA! HA!
I went for the iPod shuffle (1GB), iWork and iLife packages. Love the Mac mini but will hold off on that.

EDIT: Can a mod edit the i to iWork, please? Thanks.

Edited ... hm. I most likely won't buy those .. I'm happy with my 2 ipods, and i odn't really need the mini .. but i''ll probably get one anyway ..

i bought a shuffle. i had purchased a little Creative MuVo MP3 player the day before it came out. guess what's going back to the store! i needed something for my workouts, and the regular iPod and mini were just a little too bulky. the shuffle should do fine, plus a functional memory drive also.

I don't really like the fact that you can't skip to an exact song without going through all the others, but I bet the iPod Shuffle will still sell well.

I would like a Mac Mini, but no money :(

My father (yes a poor student needs parental financing) will buy the iLife and iWork suites for sure.

I'll get them all, sooner or later ... I think the Mac mini makes a nice media-center/set-top-box like computer: hook it up to stereo and TV, get a bluetooth remote/mouse/trackball and you're set. I'll surely upgrade to iLife '05, nice improvements and features: iPhoto is now powerful enough for me to not need other apps to organise and "enhance" my photo's, and the note feature of Garageband is awesome! I was already thinking about getting Keynote and held out up to now to see whether 2.0 would come out. I'm very pleased with the total iWorks package and the integration with iLife. I'll also probably get an iPod shuffle as a gift for my wife and a silver iPod mini for myself ... at a suitable occasion ...

Hence my vote for "all"! With edu-discount-prices etc. it's quite cheap all in all.

nothing yet. Am afraid the Mac mini won't work fine with tiger. And still waiting for the G5 powerbook here..

Finally hierarchical folders in iPhoto. Bought and will start using it for real now. Very happy about this. The other stuff is really nice. Just no need at this time. As if I need half the cr@p I have. I should say, no desire for the others.

This will sound stupid but does the Education Store include RAM and iPods? I know it's very silly to ask.

I find the iPod shuffle is OK, but the lack of screen= no way.

The mini mac is nice.

Qualifying purchases per academic school year (July 1 - June 30):
• Power Mac, iMac, eMac, PowerBook, or iBook - One per year
• Printers - One per year
• Displays - Two per year
• Software - Two per year

My niece bought an iPod with her student discount. But even after such a discount you can probably buy decent RAM cheaper elsewhere.

Mini Mac YES. Like the idea of one of these, will test at the office, then probably move to home for a media centre in my main living area. Ilife 05 yes. Shuffle no as i have an ipod and have not long got my wife a pink mini ipod.
Really want a G5 Imac but waiting for Tiger.

we should have hierarchical folders in itunes! thats where they would work best!!

im trying to buy iLife 05 and a 1gb shuffPod but the UK apple store has been playing up for the last two days! i wonder how many sales they're missing because of that...

I purchased iLife '05. I also anted up for Final Cut Express HD. I got FCE when Apple offered the Premiere trade in. I skipped the FCE2 upgrade, but this upgrade is a no brainer. Adding LiveType and Soundtrack make this the best video bundle deal on any platform. FCE HD coupled with a low end Mac mini must have Adobe seriously rethinking dumping their video offerings for the Mac.

already did that a while ago Satcomer.

if you havent already then maybe you should - maybe apple looks at volume of requests for features...

Although I haven't bought anything yet, I will be purchasing a Mac mini for my everyday computer use once our tax money comes in. Composing music with my synth on it especially with GarageBand 2 will be very sweet! :)

Plus, it's small enough that I can take it with me anywhere. Who knows, maybe someone wuill come out with a mini-display for it as they did for the PSone?? ;)

I'm going to be going to Geelong in a couple of weeks, and there is an Apple store there, so I'll be getting iWork, and possibly iLife. I'm pretty certain I'll get an iPod shuffle too ... though it might mean getting two, so that my girlfriend has one to wear at the gym.

By the way, Zammy-Sam:
Am afraid the Mac mini won't work fine with tiger.
Its true that some of the advanced features of CoreVideo and CoreImage need a 64mb graphic card, but that won't actually stop you from being able to do anything on the machine itself. Just like when 10.2 came out, there were still two product lines (iBook and eMac) which could not use all the features of Quartz Extreme. If you're still using one of these computers, you'll notice only one thing different to the QE enabled computers: you don't get the smooth transition of desktop backgrounds.

That's actually what I meant, symphonix. CoreImage and many other features could be done by the cpu as well - with loss of speed. And this is what I find a little bit sad. How much more would apple have payed for a 64mb graphic card? Probably we'll see a Mac mini update before tiger is released. And I think it will be worth to wait..

Back