What do you wish Leopard would have?

Packaged FTP client and/ or the ability to use Finder as one.

iChat MSN support (with no limited features).

Safari scroll bar fix (small but extremely irritating).

Improved chess game AI, after a few games the computer becomes almost predictable in it's moves.

I don't know what the point of ZFS would be except on the Mac Pro and XServe. Sure you can have multiple external disks connected to your MBP or iMac but if you wanted a ZFS volume you would have to keep it connected the same way all the time which I doubt someone would want to do.

Last I read Leopard will only read ZFS, not write. Down the line I'm sure it will support it fully, but even then it will be an option, not the default. There is a MacBreak Tech episode that goes into detail with ZFS. It's cool, but I agree, it's not necessary for most of us.

iTunes Server / Client for all mac's. Eliminate the need to hack your Tunes lib. just to share your own music across your own network, and to be able to burn/sync via any mac on your LAN via the server tunes lib.

doubtful, but thought I would mention it.

*EZ icon maker.
How I make them:
1. Make them in Photoshop.
2. Save as .gif
3. Use FastIcns to convert them to a fork
4. Assign it.
(Drag & Drop would be nice)

*Built-in games

Pretty sure you need a 867MHz G4 or better to run it.

I'm really concerned, are they gonna have this ready in two weeks?

I REALLY want native support for MSN in iChat AV. This means Audio, Video, AND Audio/Video conferencing. Also including custom display names, now playing, ability to save and use custom emoticons, ability to change contact names based on Address Book entries. iChat AV is a great app, it's just a shame that I have no use for it because virtualy none of my friends use AIM. And using jabber to log in to MSN strips it of all the features I loved in MSN/Adium.

I hate the way they're counting. "Movies Widget in Dashboard." Erh, yeah. That's a feature. Oh, and there's "Simple Mail Setup", which of course is also a "new feature", since the old mail setup was, compared to now, not so simple, although I'm pretty sure they'd have called it "Simple Mail Setup" before, if they had thought of calling it a feature. What else (rummaging in the box...). "Improved Search" is also a "new feature" in Mail.
Also "Quick Look" is three features in one. Well, if you start to look closely, you'll see how these are 300+ new features instead of, say 30. Really: Call it _30_ new features, please. The "new features" inflation will soon have you say 10.6 or 10.7 has a thousand new features. And once you start counting every bit or byte you've swapped around, every version number increase counted by itself because it's _also_ a feel-good change kind of a feature, that's the end. Unless you start _adding_ meaningless code just so you can count more... Puh-leeeze. Call it 30 or 50 new features and good with it. It's still _worth_ the price, dammit.

Back