Where are you?

two more brits here, capra and masamune in Atherton, near Manchester, North West England, in a fog near a bog at the edge of the world......

Sorry, I should also mention that the link that pops up when you are a new user - something along th elines of, "you've never been here before, you should <html link starts>introduced yourself to us on this thread<html link ends>" - doesn't work - I think the thread it refers to doesn't exist anymore - maybe you should point people to here instead?

jaekers said:
Another weary soul from the hurricane region, South Florida--Ft. Lauderdale to be exact.

I know the feeling...you're not that far from me since I'm in Miami. :D

Definitely not looking forward to this hurricane season. :(

They just had a thing on the radio here about how the glaciers in Greenland are accelerating their march to the sea. The scary version of events has ocean levels rising on the order of 5m by the end of the century, is there any talk about that down in Florida where like half your area will be below sea level?

bigmacfan said:
I am based in Arizona with frequent trips of lengthy duration to Trondheim, Norway and Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Trondheim? That's where I live :) You're from Trondheim, or just happen to make frequent visits?

Physically, I'm in Patagonia (dropped off the bottom of the user map). But my heart's in Norfolk, UK.
Note to mods: Is it possible to zoom the map's default opening settings further out? We far-flung members don't register unless you look for us.

North Carolina here and specifically in my office at MacTutor. Just discovered this site and am impressed. Good stuff being done here.

rhisiart said:
Anyone from the two remaining principalities, Andorra and Monaco?

Well, I may not be from a principality, but there's a few of your kin a bit further south from me. Damn fine tea and cake to be found in the Welsh tea rooms of Patagonia....

Back